June 2013 Moms

Who's up?

Who else is up? How's your night going?

It's 3:30am here. DS is on his 3rd feed since going to bed initially.
I'm watching HGTV in the dark while he eats...

Big Sister - April 2011

Little Brother - June 2013

Re: Who's up?

• Pumping...LO is still sleeping. It would sure be nice to sleep as long as she sleeps, but my supply would definitely suffer :( 
  • LiLi23LiLi23
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    Me. DS is feeding right now. He's been taking an hour to eat/change his diaper/go back to sleep, leaving me like an hour to an hour and a half of sleep until it starts all over again. I'm so tired :/

It's also storming here and my dog is shaking at the foot of the bed. Ugh.

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• image LiLi23:
    Me. DS is feeding right now. He's been taking an hour to eat/change his diaper/go back to sleep, leaving me like an hour to an hour and a half of sleep until it starts all over again. I'm so tired :/ It's also storming here and my dog is shaking at the foot of the bed. Ugh.

Sometimes it seems like it's not even worth going back to bed in between feeds! I feel like I will FINALLY get to sleep and then bam, up again! 

• image kelly422:
    Pumping...LO is still sleeping. It would sure be nice to sleep as long as she sleeps, but my supply would definitely suffer :nbsp;

What we do for our kids, right? ::mobile smiley::

Big Sister - April 2011

• VASCVASC
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments First Anniversary
    Nursing in bed here -- LO has been sleeping in roughly three-hour increments and I'm working on putting her back down only partially asleep...it seems to be working!
  • image LiLi23:
    Me. DS is feeding right now. He's been taking an hour to eat/change his diaper/go back to sleep, leaving me like an hour to an hour and a half of sleep until it starts all over again. I'm so tired :/

It's also storming here and my dog is shaking at the foot of the bed. Ugh.

Ugh, I know...DS is doing weird mini feeds where he is only eating 2oz instead of his usual 3.5 and then he's up again much sooner. Eat more!!! Sleep longer!!! Lol

Big Sister - April 2011

• image CTGirl30:
    image kelly422:
    Pumping...LO is still sleeping. It would sure be nice to sleep as long as she sleeps, but my supply would definitely suffer :nbsp;
    What we do for our kids, right? ::mobile smiley::

Seriously! I accidently slept through my alarm last night and went 4 hours and 45 minutes between pumps instead of 4 hours (GASP!) and I panicked! Sure enough, I felt the beginnings of a plugged duct before I went to bed...so far I think I've kept it at bay, but I will sure NOT be sleeping through my alarm again in the near future!  

• Im up! BFing the lil guy!
    If it wasnt for the crazy lightning and thunder we probably wouldve slept a little longer.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image VASC:
    Nursing in bed here LO has been sleeping in roughly threehour increments and I'm working on putting her back down only partially asleep...it seems to be working!

Nice! That was my tactic, too. Worked well until this current feed, on which we are "Take 2." He ate some bottle, went down but wasn't crying...just "talking" loudly and insistently so I checked on him. Eyes wide open...we are back in my bed now so he can nurse himself to sleep...

Big Sister - April 2011

• LiLi23LiLi23
    I feel like that's what mine's doing! Like, can't you give your mama just a little more time in between so she's sane in the morning?!

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• image CarolynL8:
    Im up! BFing the lil guy!
    If it wasnt for the crazy lightning and thunder we probably wouldve slept a little longer.

We are getting it here, too! I went to get a glass of water and saw a flash of lightning from my kitchen window and then I heard the thunder...

Big Sister - April 2011

• image LiLi23:
    I feel like that's what mine's doing! Like, can't you give your mama just a little more time in between so she's sane in the morning?!

Too bad they don't listen. Lol.

Big Sister - April 2011

• image CarolynL8:
    Im up! BFing the lil guy! If it wasnt for the crazy lightning and thunder we probably wouldve slept a little longer.

Hate lightning and thunder. Makes me sad and upset every time it storms out :(  

• VASCVASC
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments First Anniversary
    I'm thrilled LO is starting to sleep longer (previously it was only two hour stretches), but my boobs get pretty full overnight already and she never seems to want to nurse long enough to empty them...
  • Ive always hated storms. The lightning scares me! Thats why i couldnt fall back asleep.
    : /
    Im ultra paranoid and i was afraid his white noise machine would attract the electricity! Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're up here. 4:25 local time. DD was finished and asleep by 4 but decided to have an epic burp and spit up a few minutes ago so now we are staring at each other. And I have to be up by 6 to get the rest of the family ready. Doubt I go back to bed. So sad.

DS born 8/2010

Natural M/C 10/5/11 at 10w5d

DD born 6/2013

• LiLi23LiLi23
    image CTGirl30:
    image LiLi23:

Too bad they don't listen. Lol.

Darn kids ;]

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• BFing my LO. I was up a half hour before she was because she pooed so loudly in her sleep it woke me up! Then I couldn't fall back asleep because I wanted to make sure I changed her before she woke up.

she's also eating like a maniac! Head bobbing and and arms flailing, sucking like crazy, you'd think I hadn't fed her in days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Me. It is 2 am and i am watching the news while breast feeding.

• Back up again at almost 5. Today should be fun.

Big Sister - April 2011

• 5 am here and I'm up. This is feedin round two of the night. B has started this fun game where he absolutely panics when he wakes up and has this awesome shrill shreek until he latches. It makes me feel like he is starving he's not so i rushed to get him on the boob before realizing I totally have to pee...
    image   image
    Bennett Andrew
    House Elf in Training since 6/4/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We put her down around 11 and she woke up at 430. I'm pumping and just fed her 4 oz of formula. We give her formula at night to hold her over for longer and my supply isn't enough to cover all her feedings. I'm hopin she falls asleep again and doesn't wake up for a few hours because I could use some more sleep!
  • Up breastfeeding and it is 4 am here.
  • Yo. 230 here, DD's first feed since we put her down at about 10. Longest stretch yet, and I think we have her Halo swaddle sleep sack thingy to thank for it. Hang in there mamas, there's coffee in a couple hours :D
    CafeMom Tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 2:30 here, and thankfully after a night of cluster feeding this is our first waking feed. fx we can go another few hours before the next!

Untitled

• 5:30 am here and started feed number three of the night at five. This oversupply thing is cutting into my sleep because I will feed her foremilk and then have to wait until she burps or spits up before continuing to feed. This just started in the past two to three days.
  • Been up for two hours. DD rolled onto her tummy and that made her mad. Then she spit up everything after nursing 40 min. That was followed by hiccups. Now we're trying to feed again

• 4am here, just got done with another feed, waiting to see if DD will burp. She won't. The 3 year old has been up twice already and I expect to see him here shortly. He knows I'll be too tired to walk him back to his room after 5. That's usually when I give up and let DD sleep with me. Ugh. I will need the entire pot of coffee in two hours and I hope DS doesn't expect an entertaining day from me. Can't do it!

• kh59kh59
    500 Love Its 100 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    I just got 5 lovely hours of sleep, which I'm hugely grateful for.  Unfortunately, LO does not seem to share my desire to go back to bed at all.  I told her that I hear other people have babies who wake up long enough to eat and get a clean diaper before going back to sleep...Anyone else have a baby who stays up for 1.5 to 2 hours with night wakings?
    Lilypie - (4Cec)
  • 621am here and I just finished feeding/burping kiddo...DS feeds every 3 to 4 hrs, which I can deal with...he just likes to stay awake longer at night/early morning lol. During the day I have no problem getting him back to sleep...