July 2013 Moms

Isabelle June is Here - PIP

My baby girl is here!!

Short Version: Scheduled for an induction on Monday 7/15 at 6 am, labor started by its self at 3:38 am. Got to the hospital at 6 labor was fast and furious and Ms. Isabelle June was born at 11:50 am. She weighed 7.2 pounds and was 18.5? long.

Long Version: On Sunday the 14th I thought my water was slowly leaking and went in for monitoring. Starting having bad back pain and was contracting but not bad. I was at 1 cm and 20% effaced. Was sent home and told to come back the next day for my scheduled induction. Woke up at 3:38 am on the day on my induction. Contractions were like bad period cramps. I woke husband up at 5 am for him to get ready and we were at the hospital by 6 am. They started getting stronger but could handle it.

At 7:30 am one of my doctors came in and checked me, I was still 1 cm 20%. He administered induction gel (not Cervidell, I?m unsure of the name) which was a horribly painful experience! Within a minute I started having wickedly bad contractions. They were 2-3 minutes apart. I had to lay on my back for an hour for the gel to be effective and then I walk for a half hour. I thought I was dying. I was BEGGING for an epidural but couldn?t get on until after I walked. At this point I realized something about myself ? I have no, zip, zero, tolerance for pain. I really thought going through that hour and a half that I was not going to be able to do it.

I got the epidural at 9:45ish and I was 4 cm and 50% effaced. My water was broken at 10:15ish and Pitocin was started. I was at 6 cm and 80% effaced at 10:30 am.  At 11 I was checked again and was 8 cm and 100% effaced. My husband went to the bathroom for all of five minutes and when he came out I was 95% dilated! Doctor couldn?t be found because she thought I would deliver in the evening. She showed up at 11:15 ? gowned and I was pushing. Isabelle?s heart was not handling the contracts so I had to get her out. Within five contractions she was out. Absolutely craziness! 

She was having a difficult time BFing and was choking on a lot of mucus. At about 1 am she started vomiting blood, lots of it. They rushed her into the nursery and suctioned it out and she did another huge bloody vomit. DH and I were freaking out and crying. Thank goodness that was the end of it and she is BFing wonderfully now.

Thank you for all your support during this pregnancy! Your post and response have helped me so much! Much cyber love to you all.

I have the following recommendations to moms getting ready to birth.

* Take as many instant perineum ice packs home as you can 
* Take one of those hospital waterproof pads home for your own bed. It?s nice to know that you are not going to mess up your sheets because you bleed so many
* Take 
your Boppy or Brestfriend with you to the hospital
* Take a baby nail file with to the hospital

J'13 April siggy challenge: A Plague of people in masks would be my worst nightmare 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Isabelle June is Here - PIP