Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Urge to pee while exercising

I am a runner! I have been dying for the day I would be cleared by the doctor to get back to it. Today was the day! I was so excited...until I got a block out of my neighborhood and felt the urge to pee. I had gone just before I left. I tried to hold it in, but only got a block further before I decided to stop or else chance having an accident. Anyone else experience this? Any advice? My baby was 9lb 5oz. I don't know if that has anything to do with the way things are healing. I am 7wks post pardom.

Re: Urge to pee while exercising

• I haven't been cleared yet to run, but I have this issue everyday. DD was almost 9 lbs and this was my second vaginal birth so I think that gas something to do with it. If I don't go right when I feel the urge, my kegel muscles aren't strong enough yet to fully stop it. I've talked with other girlfriends about it and they alm had the same issue. It eventually resolved itself with them so I am holding on hoping it improves!

DS born 8/2010

Natural M/C 10/5/11 at 10w5d

DD born 6/2013

• I have the same problem.  I've only been out once since I was cleared last week, and it took a ton of concentration to keep from peeing while running!

I'm doing the couch to 5k program to get myself slowly back in shape - I figure the slow pace to start back up is good training for my weak pelvic floor, not so much my "normal" running muscles! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS conceived after 14 months with atypical PCOS.
  • Thanks ladies! A couple friends advised that kegels will help out too. Otherwise I'm buying stock in adult diapers! Lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards