Natural Birth
Options

Natural birth with twins?

Hello! I'm expecting twins in March and I'm wondering if there are any women on this board with natural birth stories with twins. I had an amazing natural birth with my first child and I'm already feeling anxiety about potentially losing control of my twin birth. I would love to hear about the experiences of others.

Thank you!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
my baby you'll be."

Re: Natural birth with twins?

• Options
    I have no experience with this but I follow The Skeptical Mother on Facebook She might have a blog too and she often posts pics and stories of natural twin births. Good luck and congrats!!
    Emmerson 3/23/10 Asher 2/7/12 Baby boy due 10/17/13
  • Options
    The woman I used to nanny for had her twins med-free.  She had planned a vaginal birth, but wanted an epi.  She got to the hospital already fully dilated and the doctor encouraged her to go without one since in his words, she had already done the hardest part.  Both babies were head down, baby A came and baby B came 9 minutes later.  It can be done!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesschwege:
    The woman I used to nanny for had her twins med-free.  She had planned a vaginal birth, but wanted an epi.  She got to the hospital already fully dilated and the doctor encouraged her to go without one since in his words, she had already done the hardest part.  Both babies were head down, baby A came and baby B came 9 minutes later.  It can be done!

Woohoo!  That's awesome!  Thanks for the encouraging story. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Options
    I took a hypnobirthing class from a pair of women. They both had twins pain med free. Pretty incredible and rare! One of them did it recently using hypnobirthing. 

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options
    my hospital didnt give me a choice. i was induced at 37 w 2 d because my random contractions were putting baby b in distress and lowering her heartbeat wayyyy down. once they started pitocin they gave me an epidural because when it came time to push i would be in th O.R. just incase baby b flipped once a was out and they had to do an emergeny cs. luckily they both stayed down and b came 4 minutes after a but i wasnt given a choice. they always do it that way just incase there was an emergency i would be prepped for a cs. 
  • Options
    OP: Please keep in mind that while your doctors may strongly recommend something you always have a choice.  Provided that you are of sound mind, medical procedures require your consent.  

• Options
    One of the midwives I worked with did it. She got the epidural cath. placed but did not get any medication in it. This way, in case of an emergency it was set up & she would not have to go to sleep for a C/S. That is a viable option in the event they pressure you to get an epidural. Your doctors will be your biggest barrier. You can do it!
    TTC since 1/2008
    BFP 7/2009 m/c
    BFP 9/2009 m/c
    Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
    IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
    IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
    DD born 10/2012
    FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
    IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
    FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
    B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker