February 2012 Moms
Options

Vocabulary #2

I read the vocabulary post and wanted to respond but when I looked at my list of words for G, I wasn't sure what counted as a word or not.  Many words he says are the initial sound, maybe the middle to but will trail off.  For example, for "water" he says, "otter." I just started to try to get him to say "more please." He says "mo," and when I say "please" he says "peeze."  

So is this what you count as words?  Do you count sounds of animals too? 

Re: Vocabulary #2

• Options

I count half words.  Anything she uses consistently to mean something.  For example, she says 'wawa' instead of water, and I count that as a word.

I am undecided on animal sounds, so I put them separately if I make a list.   

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    Yep, those count as words! My DD is 4 and still mispronounces words (like uses a d in place of a th like thunder = dunder). 
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesunnyday016:
    Yep, those count as words! My DD is 4 and still mispronounces words like uses a d in place of a th like thunder = dunder.nbsp;

This. My 3 year old never stops talking and has what I consider a big vocabulary for his age. But he still mispronounces words. The words still count though. I agree that anything used consistently to mean one thing counts as a word. DS2 runs around all day saying Ma ma Ma Ma, but I still don't think it refers to me so I don't count it as a word; every time he sees a bird he yells Ba! So I count that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"