Multiples

Preeclampsia with didi twins

I'm 31 wks along with didi twins and I found out yesterday after having testes that I have traces or protien in my urine and preeclampsia ;
I'm now In hospital until I deliver.
Twin a is 1.9 kg
Twin b is 949 grams
Had a scan done yesterday twin b still putting on weight and now shows positive blood flow to the placenta after having my second lot of steriods.
So the c section has been put back a week .. this was before I found out I had preeclampsia .
Has anyone else been through this similar situation ? How far on did you go before you delivered with you preeclampsia ?

Re: Preeclampsia with didi twins

• I was dx w mild pre e at 32w after a weekend in the hospital. I had elevated protein, marginal BP readings, and was seeing spots and floaters. I got steroid shots and after a boatload of observation that netted to nothing scary, I was released.

I was monitored v closely, but in the end, my water broke at 34w and my pre e symptoms never got worse.

If my water hadnt broken, idk how much farther I would have been able to go. Pre e can escalate quickly, but mine seemed to be the "slow burn" kind as I'd been having issues since 24w.

• My blood pressure started rising around 31 weeks. I did not have any other preeclampsia symptoms. They kept monitoring me closely. At 32 weeks 3 days other symptoms started showing up and my doctor induced me. I had my babies at 32 weeks 4 days. Good luck!
  • I got pre-e with HELLP syndrome and I ended up having the girls at 34w4d. My BP was fine before then so I'm not sure what happened within a couple days (I had an OB appointment 3 days earlier). The signs did show up earlier but I had no idea that they were signs until after (seeing spots/floaters, blood not clotting properly, upper back pain).

DS Born FULL TERM at 39w6d via successful VBAC

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our IDENTICAL twin girls born September 30th 2012 at 34w4d via c/s due to Pre-E with HELLP Syndrome and IUGR

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

DD1 & DD2 born 30 Sept 2012
    DS born September 21st 2014

imageimageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I was diagnosed with preeclampsia week 30, and rested and was able to fight it off until 36 weeks and a day when they wanted them out. I accredit keeping it at bay by eating well and full rest on my couch :) Good luck! I had the high proteins but my BP was fine until the end.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards