May 2013 Moms

Baby weight rant

So today is my birthday so my husband decides to take me shopping. I end up in the fitting room in tears nothing fits right anymore I feel like I have a built in life preserver and nothing looks remotely flattering. Needless to say I ending up buying stuff for our baby. I feel pretty defeated on our way to my MIL to get baby can't wait to see her!!! Sorry rant over needed to vent

Re: Baby weight rant

• pnutgpnutg
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    You're not alone. I went shopping for myself over the wknd and walked away with baby clothes...

-1st BFP 5/24/12, EDD 1/25/13, MMC 6/19/12 at 8 weeks, D&C 6/29/12
    -2nd BFP 9/15/12, EDD 5/20/13. CLH born 5/22/13!
  • I feel you...remember 10mths to put on.
  • image phyllis17:
    I feel you...remember 10mths to put on.

This is what I have to keep reminding my self of too...
  • Ugh I know. I had to buy some clothes for the new school year and I ended up only buying dresses because nothing else was remotely flattering. They say it will come off but it feels like it never will.

BFP #1 – 4/14/12 – Ectopic Pregnancy – MTX 5/11/12

BFP #2 – 9/2/12 – Our sweet rainbow DD born 5/23/13

BFP#3 – 1/5/14 – EDD 9/12/14 – natural m/c 2/16/14image

• Maybe have him take you shoe or purse shopping. Those should still fit and be a way to stretch the outfits that do fit.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I get where your coming from. I cried when I looked in the mirror the other day.
  • I had to buy new work clothes because none of mine fit. I'm trying g to ignore the number on the tag, but it's hard.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image AllisonO78:
    I had to buy new work clothes because none of mine fit. I'm trying g to ignore the number on the tag, but it's hard.

I"ll be facing this in a few weeks.  I made the mistake of trying on a pair of pants that used to be on the looser side.  Not so much anymore.  Oh well.  I got through pregnancy rotating about 4 pairs of pants.  Maybe I can do the same now. 

Sweet A born 5/13/13
  • I totally get where you are coming from. Hearing people say it took 9 months to put on so wait for it to come off doesn't help when you feel self conscious cause nothing you have fits even close.

• Eh I'm just taking things slow. I don't fit in my pants and my belly jiggles when I laugh.

I'm giving myself a year to lose the weight!

Be good to yourself ladies! You made a human being! Or that's what I tell myself!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image snowgirl427:
    Eh I'm just taking things slow. I don't fit in my pants and my belly jiggles when I laugh.

I'm giving myself a year to lose the weight!

Be good to yourself ladies! You made a human being! Or that's what I tell myself!

Thumbs up!

I've learned that the pounds come off a lot easier than the muscle builds back up. I'm back to pre pregnancy weight, but still a size or two away from fitting back into my clothes. Also, my hips are definitely wider than before.

My goal is to get back to a healthy weight and tone up my muscles a bit, and then reward myself with a new wardrobe. I'm picking up a few pieces at Target and Old Navy to get me through the transitional phase. Like PP have said, it took 9 months to get out of shape, so I'm not sweating it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Katherine Marie born 11/12/10 via c-section 5lbs 1oz

Dx with MTHFR Mutation 12/10

8/23/12 - BFP EDD 5/3/13
    Andrew Ryan is on his way

• You're definitely not alone. Keep your chin up and give yourself plenty of time to lose the weight. I keep reminding myself that this is all for my baby and I'm doing great. This time next year I will be in my little black number again!
    imageimage