Trouble TTC

Implantation Spotting and HPTing

I think I experienced implantation spotting today. How long should I wait before testing?

• Started dating the love of my life: October 31, 2004
  • He asked me to be his wife: January 31, 2010
  • Happiest day of my life: September 10, 2011
  • Off birth control pills: November 2011
  • First and Only BFP ending in chemical pregnancy: June 2013
  • Diagnosed with poor luteal phase:14 days and ovulating but low progesterone: July 2013
  • First month on Progesterone 200mg: August 2013

Re: Implantation Spotting and HPTing

• Check out the newbie blog on ttgp for that information.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Just wanted your opinion.

• Diagnosed with poor luteal phase:14 days and ovulating but low progesterone: July 2013
  • It depends if you had a trigger shot or not. If you didn't then you can start testing as early as you want, but should probably wait close to the 2 weeks since you could get a false negative if you test too early. Good luck!!!
    Iui #1 = unmedicated = bfn. Iui # 2 = clomid 50 mg = bfn. Iui # 3 = clomid 50 mg = bfn. Iui # 4 = unmedicated = bfn. Iui # 5 = unmedicated = bfp - miscarriage at 5 wks. Iui #6 = nov 2012 = gonal f 75, endotrim 100= chemical pregnancy/bfn
  • Thank you. I'm 9 DPO. Saturday will be 2 weeks. I'm getting antsy lol I was 13 DPO last month when I got my BFP that ended in a chemical.

• Seriously?  Are you in treatment for infertility?  You don't have any information in your siggy and I don't recognize you... so I have to assume you just stumbled upon our little group.  I've had spotting around the time of when implantation should occur like seven times in 57 cycles and each of those was a BFN.  My one BFP chemical pregnancy cycle I didn't have "implantation spotting".  It's more common not to have that.  And this just comes off as a fishing post which is frowned upon.  As for testing, test when you are 12dpo at least or be prepared for a BFN.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

TTCAL June Siggy Challenge 90's Movie Gif:
     The Usual Suspects!!

• These boards are supposed to be for support... you guys aren't being so welcoming or kind. This is a public forum and people are vulnerable....
    Iui #1 = unmedicated = bfn. Iui # 2 = clomid 50 mg = bfn. Iui # 3 = clomid 50 mg = bfn. Iui # 4 = unmedicated = bfn. Iui # 5 = unmedicated = bfp - miscarriage at 5 wks. Iui #6 = nov 2012 = gonal f 75, endotrim 100= chemical pregnancy/bfn
  • image laynesmomma:
    These boards are supposed to be for support... you guys aren't being so welcoming or kind. This is a public forum and people are vulnerable....

Yes, we are vulnerable.  And as so there is a certain amount of decorum that people who look around follow out of respect for others.  Part of that is no fishing posts.  This is common on most all of the TTC boards here.  I've been on these boards for four years, struggling to get and stay pregnant all four freakin years.  This is our one safe haven and today is hard enough with all the "royal baby news" everywhere but to come to my safe haven and have someone fishing to hear "OMG you totes preggers" makes our safe little corner of the world just like everywhere else.   

ETA:  I also didn't want her to get her hopes too high in that after O spotting can be nothing.   

IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

The Usual Suspects!!

• I know that you are excited to test, but this is not an appropriate question to ask here.  It can really hurt the women here to see posts "fishing" with "Am I pregnant?" questions or simply stating you know you are and you're just waiting to test.

I see that you are just looking for an opinion, however, if you google that, you'll get hundreds of opinions of that.  Most of which say 3-4 days after the spotting.  I hope this is the cycle for you!  If it's not and you'd like to be part of this board, please respect the audience you are speaking to.

BFP #1: EDD 12.28.12 - MC @ 6w3d | BFP #2: EDD 11.15.13 - D&C @ 12w4d
    BFP #3
    Superbaby born 4.5.14 | Just When You Least Expect It...

• Fishing post? What are you taking about? It was an honest question. After IB how long would it take for HCG to show up on a test. IF it was IB I'm 100 sure obviously no one can be. I think you have a stick up your so how about you take your neg attitude somewhere else. DH and I have been trying for over a year so I think we qualify for trouble TTC and if you don't like it too bad!!

• image katib77:

image laynesmomma:
    These boards are supposed to be for support... you guys aren't being so welcoming or kind. This is a public forum and people are vulnerable....

Yes, we are vulnerable.  And as so there is a certain amount of decorum that people who look around follow out of respect for others.  Part of that is no fishing posts.  This is common on most all of the TTC boards here.  I've been on these boards for four years, struggling to get and stay pregnant all four freakin years.  This is our one safe haven and today is hard enough with all the "royal baby news" everywhere but to come to my safe haven and have someone fishing to hear "OMG you totes preggers" makes our safe little corner of the world just like everywhere else.   

ETA:  I also didn't want her to get her hopes too high in that after O spotting can be nothing.   

All of what Kati said.  Also, these ladies are some of the most supportive I have ever encountered.  Part of that support comes from protecting this safe place.

One more thing, complaining about one board on another board on The Bump is kind of frowned upon.  People often cross boards and it could be more difficult to get the support you are looking for when complaining about them.  Especially complaining about the wonderful ladies here.   I wish no one had to be in the situation to need this board, but please understand there are rules here for a reason. 

BFP #3

• image 1Baby4Me:
    Fishing post? What are you taking about? It was an honest question. After IB how long would it take for HCG to show up on a test. IF it was IB I'm 100 sure obviously no one can be. I think you have a stick up your so how about you take your neg attitude somewhere else. DH and I have been trying for over a year so I think we qualify for trouble TTC and if you don't like it too bad!!

Since you are dealing with IF, it would be helpful to have info in your siggy so when people see your posts they know what all you've been through.  As for a "stick up my " and that I can take my negative attitude elsewhere?  Don't think so.  I was not very harsh at all.  You're not being flamed, just given facts and advice.  Take it or leave it.  You have 38 posts.  It was helpful information, no need to get all up in arms.  But if you want to get all huffy, be my guest.  I'm pretty sure I'll have people to back me up on board etiquette. 

IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

The Usual Suspects!!

• Spotting is spotting, I've had spotting for a over a week now and I know there is no chance of a BFP. I try not to test before 13 DPO, It would be helpful if you added some info about your diagnosis and treatments if you really want more info.  I always have spotting during medicated cycles, so your "implantation spotting" could be just plain spotting. I'm not trying to be a Debby Downer, just a realist.  Good luck if it really is "implantation spotting", but on the safe side I wouldn't get your hopes up

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~26 DH~25 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
     image image

• First off you want to take about being huffy look who's talking like they're still in HS. People are going to back you up. How about you actually explain yourself? I had an honest question. I went to a board where I believed I could find knolwdgable ladies who would understand what I am going through. Someone suggested I google this question. Whats the point of having this board available if ladies are just going to google. I guess I'm not welcome to your little safe haven well you know what?! Everyone deserves a little safe haven!! You think you're the only one who is upset that the prince was born today?? After over a year of trying I finally had a BFP my one and only and in a few short days my baby was taken from me for no frickin reason. Everyone has a right to a safe haven!! So if I did something wrong in asking a question how about you explain yourself and try to be nice. If not you can go screw yourself and never EVER look at my posts again!

• Thank you. I'm trying n

• image 1Baby4Me:
    First off you want to take about being huffy look who's talking like they're still in HS. People are going to back you up. How about you actually explain yourself? I had an honest question. I went to a board where I believed I could find knolwdgable ladies who would understand what I am going through. Someone suggested I google this question. Whats the point of having this board available if ladies are just going to google. I guess I'm not welcome to your little safe haven well you know what?! Everyone deserves a little safe haven!! You think you're the only one who is upset that the prince was born today?? After over a year of trying I finally had a BFP my one and only and in a few short days my baby was taken from me for no frickin reason. Everyone has a right to a safe haven!! So if I did something wrong in asking a question how about you explain yourself and try to be nice. If not you can go screw yourself and never EVER look at my posts again!

I'm truly sorry for you loss. Having had a few myself, they suck.

That said, there's no need to get your panties in a wad. This is a no phishing zone.

imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up. I always spot before my cycles. Last month I spotted for 5 days straight and then it stopped for two days which is strange because usually AF would start immediately. That's when I got my BFP. He past few months have been very emotional for me. I had a OBGYN tell me I can not have kids. The jerk never tested me for anything. I did CD 3 testing last month but my new OBGYN wants a redo because of the BFP.

• Explain myself.  OK

1.  You posted without any information about being a fellow infertility sufferer.  We get many posts by women that have only been trying a month or two.  And most of their posts are "I have *this* pregnancy symptom (whatever that symptom may be, sore nipples, nausea, IB etc).  Since you have no background info it's assumed you were one of those.  Thus why Sueann directed you to the TTGP newbie link because you asked a question newbs ask every day on TTGP.  

2.  I still answered your question even after saying fishing was "frowned upon" I did not attack your character, just told you common board etiquette and to test when you're at least 12dpo.

3.  Third, I do not think I'm the only one having a hard day over it.  I know there is a post over on TTC after a loss board about their frustrations.  And yes, I post there as well because like you I have fairly recently had a chemical pregnancy.  

4.  You are the one who's gotten mad over something minor.  But attacking my character?  Telling me I have a stick up my butt and an attitude problem?  Sorry you are getting so worked up over the internet but really - you asked a bunch of strangers for their opinion.  I was just saying that having been on this board for years I'm not a stranger to either the etiquette nor the people so picking on me seems counter productive to getting support.  I give support to hundreds of these ladies.  

IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

The Usual Suspects!!

• Thank you. I'm trying to figure out if there is something I could have done differently but my OBGYN said they just happen. : I'm sorry you're going through this too. This journey could really make a woman crazy. My SIL had two surprises. My best friend just conceived the first month she tried. I'm happy for them but still upset. I'm sure you understand. One thing ... Could you please explain what is ment by "fishing".

• image 1Baby4Me:
    I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up. I always spot before my cycles. Last month I spotted for 5 days straight and then it stopped for two days which is strange because usually AF would start immediately. That's when I got my BFP. He past few months have been very emotional for me. I had a OBGYN tell me I can not have kids. The jerk never tested me for anything. I did CD 3 testing last month but my new OBGYN wants a redo because of the BFP.

Your new OB is right that cd3 testing should be redone.  I'm sorry your old OB would not look further into why you had not gotten PG before your c/p.   

IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

The Usual Suspects!!

• image 1Baby4Me:
    Thank you. I'm trying to figure out if there is something I could have done differently but my OBGYN said they just happen. : I'm sorry you're going through this too. This journey could really make a woman crazy. My SIL had two surprises. My best friend just conceived the first month she tried. I'm happy for them but still upset. I'm sure you understand. One thing ... Could you please explain what is ment by "fishing".

Fishing is when someone posts symptoms that could be PG related or could just be pre-period progesterone side effects.  It's like you're throwing in a hook (The hook is something like "I have really sore nipples and the smell of eggs makes me want to vomit") and the fish you are trying to real in is people saying "Oh, you're probably PG."

Because some of us have been through several years of infertility and several treatment cycles with reproductive endocrinologists we know that no one knows if it's a PG symptom or just pre period symptoms until you test.  We don't have a crystal ball.  Since no one can say anything, the posts seem a bit pointless.  Asking "when to best test for accurate results?" is an example of a fine question for someone new to the boards.  Telling you have IB when you really don't know if that's what it is just seems like you're looking for us to be all "OMG you're pregnant!"  I understand you had a legitimate question but putting in a common pregnancy symptom just seems to be "fishing" for people to get your hopes up.    

IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

The Usual Suspects!!

• Picking on you?! I'm on the trouble TTC board for a reason. How about you don't assume I'm just some bimbo. I hate those posts to. "OMG my period is 12 min late maybe I'm preggers" yea they are annoying but I had an honest question. Please explain what is fishing.

• image 1Baby4Me:
    I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up. I always spot before my cycles. Last month I spotted for 5 days straight and then it stopped for two days which is strange because usually AF would start immediately. That's when I got my BFP. He past few months have been very emotional for me. I had a OBGYN tell me I can not have kids. The jerk never tested me for anything. I did CD 3 testing last month but my new OBGYN wants a redo because of the BFP.

I am really sorry for my your loss.  It's a heartbreaking experience.  I really do hope this is your cycle and you don't have to redo the testing.  Since you always spot though, please try to stay realistic.  Otherwise the BFN could hurt even more.

Also, please know I wasn't asking you to google your question because I don't want to you be a participant of the board.  It's just hurtful when posts similar to this are posted.  Also, I did answer your question... so you didn't have to google it.  Feel free to stick around and be a part of this board, just be aware of the audience you are speaking to.  Your question may have been more suited to a board of people who are already pregnant and can give you their experiences of you would prefer to ask questions on a board rather than use a search engine.

BFP #3

• image 1Baby4Me:
    Picking on you?! I'm on the trouble TTC board for a reason. How about you don't assume I'm just some bimbo. I hate those posts to. "OMG my period is 12 min late maybe I'm preggers" yea they are annoying but I had an honest question. Please explain what is fishing.

You asked an honest question? Really? Well.. I don't know about you but typically, when I want to know if something is a pregnancy symptoms, I don't ask a board full of INFERTILES.  You honestly thought we'd be able to help you, you know, being that we're all so super pregnant? 

You say you're not a bimbo... but you're also obviously not very smart.

FWIW, with my first pregnancy, I had IB.. and then it ended.. like everyone else's on here who may have been pregnant at one point and is not any longer and is child free. So we might not be the best examples there, smartie. 

imageimage. image 

• image 1Baby4Me:
    Picking on you?! I'm on the trouble TTC board for a reason. How about you don't assume I'm just some bimbo. I hate those posts to. "OMG my period is 12 min late maybe I'm preggers" yea they are annoying but I had an honest question. Please explain what is fishing.

I don't think I saw anyone call you a bimbo and katib did explain what fishing is.

I'm sorry for your loss and the frustrations you have w your previous Dr. I would like to encourage you to seek the help of an re.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Thank you. I don't mean to upset anyone I'm just really not sure when the best/accurate time would be to test. I should phased the question differently. I know better then to assume it was IB obviously no one can know for sure especially since I always spot before my periods.

• image MsGMChick:

[quote user="1Baby4Me"

You asked an honest question? Really? Well.. I don't know about you but typically, when I want to know if something is a pregnancy symptoms, I don't ask a board full of INFERTILES.  You honestly thought we'd be able to help you, you know, being that we're all so super pregnant? 

This made me laugh a little, but sadly very true.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~26 DH~25 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
     image image

• I think you misunderstood my question or rather I should have rephrased it. I wasn't asking if IB was a syptom but if I did have it when would be the accurate time to test.

• I'm sure you're all pro test takers by now geezzz. I'm so sorry I asked.

• image 1Baby4Me:
    I think you misunderstood my question or rather I should have rephrased it. I wasn't asking if IB was a syptom but if I did have it when would be the accurate time to test.

If you have spotting with every cycle.. why is this one IB? Why not all the cycles leading up to this one? Or do you do this every 2ww? 

imageimage. image 

• image 1Baby4Me:
    I'm sure you're all pro test takers by now geezzz. I'm so sorry I asked.

Obviously not since I fail all the tests I take.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!