April 2013 Moms

A/C Broken

Ugh!  The a/c went out yesterday.  Some guys came out to fix it today but need a part so they will be back tomorrow.  Hopefully, we will all be able to stay cool tonight.  We are lucky in that it is not too hot out today! It is around 80 F inside. icky...
-K

Re: A/C Broken

• Good luck!

we stayed at the beach last night with DHs family. No AC and LO in tow - and I can't lie - sleeping was miserable. It was hot! 

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th
    Trying to navigate through the world of IF
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

• Good luck! Time to go to the mall or some other window shopping that has AC.
  • Is it silly to be concerned about SIDS because of him possibly being too warm while sleeping?
    -K

• Keep him in a diaper and light wrap, if his head isn't sweaty then he should be fine. If it is, put a cool wash cloth over his head for a few minutes, or rub his feet with it. But, it is about 75-80 degrees at night and I wrap him in a diaper and stick my finger down his back to see if he is sweaty from time to time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel your pain!!!!! Mine went out yesterday! Not completely but just about. Hubby is outside in the rain now looking at it. I hate being hot!!! LO seems comfortable though.
  • image kravenmoore:
    Is it silly to be concerned about SIDS because of him possibly being too warm while sleeping?

No not silly. It's one of my big worries. I would follow pp advice. Make sure back of neck isn't too hot. Also put a stand fan or ceiling fan on.
  • I live in FL and its ALWAYS hot. The only way to keep it cool is to have a 500 electric bill and I can't afford that. So that being said, it's usually about 77 in my house. DD sleeps in a onesie and pants and she never sweats. Just keep an eye out and if all else fails, just keep him in a diaper.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the reassurance, ladies.  Y'all rock, as usual!

-K 

-K

• We don't have air conditioning, and it was 89 degrees in our house the other day! I feel your pain!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image FutureMrsCAF:
    We don't have air conditioning, and it was 89 degrees in our house the other day! I feel your pain!

Holy hotness!! How are you surviving!? Lol 89 is awful! I'm sweaty just thinking about that! No window units either? Side note: our air got fixed tonight hopefully it stays that way!
  • image FutureMrsCAF:
    We don't have air conditioning, and it was 89 degrees in our house the other day! I feel your pain!

Oh my! We got up to 83 with about 55 humidity in the house. With a bunch of fans on, we were able to stay cool.
    -K