Parenting after a Loss

***Infant Check-In***

Hi, ladies! I hope everyone had a nice Monday. I'm so sorry this is so late. I was really swamped at work today! :(

Any milestones?

Challenges?

Funny Stories?

QOTW: What is the cutest thing your LO did this past week? 

Angel Baby: missed m/c 3/9/2009 at 8 weeks, D&C 3/13/2009 

Re: ***Infant Check-In***

• Any milestones?  Our DS (8.5 mo.), is crawling like crazy ~ it might only be army crawling, but still, he's pretty darn mobile ;)

Challenges?  Um, the fact that he army crawls/slithers across the floor, just so he can get to cables that he suddenly thinks are uber delicious xD

Funny Stories?  My DS is literally choosing to talk to things, by blowing raspberries at them.  It's like, his go to way of babbling the last two days (before, he did it at four months, just because he was learning to do it - now, he's holding toys in hands and talking to them that way).  My little weirdo.

QOTW: What is the cutest thing your LO did this past week? The blowing raspberries at inanimate objects isn't enough? ;)

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

• Milestones: she started rolling across the room last week.  So now we cordon her off by putting body pillows and Boppys around her. Once she figures out how to get over the pillows, the PnP is coming out. 

Challenges: getting her to bed at night.  She naps fine in the crib but half of the time she won't go to sleep in the crib for the night. She will scream and scream until we give in and either nurse or keep her downstairs until she calms down.

Funny/QOTW: she loves the water. When DH dips her toes in our hot tub her face lights up and she moves her arms and legs like she's doing the butterfly.

DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Milestone: DD had her first attempt at rice cereal last week.  She did pretty well with it but still has a little tongue thrust reflex going on so we are taking it slow.  

Challenge: DD is so nosey that she has a hard time falling asleep for naps.  Especially if we aren't at home.  She will fuss until her eyes are tiny slits becuase she is afraid she will miss something.

Funny story: A sales person approached us at Kohls this weekend while DD was laughing and carrying on in her stroller.  As soon as the sales woman looked in DD stuck out her lower lip and in the saddest tone possible with a huge frown said "boooo".   

QOTW:  My mom got out a puppet for DD to look at and she got really excited and was grabbing at it's face and hands, it was pretty cute. 

• Any milestones?  I can't really think of anything major.  She had her 4 month check up today, 12lbs 10oz, still a little bitty thing.

Challenges?  Well I thought she had her first cold a couple weeks ago.  I guess that was just the sniffles and bit of congestion because she had a real cold this past Friday.  It was so sad!  Her little eyes were red and every sneeze required tons of clean up.  I couldn't believe such a little thing could go through so many tissues!  She was feeling much better by Saturday though, so I was way relieved and I'm sure she was too.

Funny Stories?  This girl has some power thighs!  I put her on her tummy and was shocked when she got up on her knees and started pushing!  The only problem was her little arms didn't know what to do and it turned into a face plant.  She wasn't hurt but she sure was frustrated!  I couldn't help but laugh.  She's so ready to be mobile but has a long way to go to get her arms working in sync with her lower half.

QOTW: What is the cutest thing your LO did this past week?  She has learned to blow bubbles and it cracks me up.  I got it on video and played it back on the computer so she could see it, and she started giggling!  It was so cute!  I couldn't get her to giggle again after that but I was so excited that she found herself amusing.

*** aka: andreahshields ***

*** July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks ***

BFP#1 3/8/12; diagnosed w/ Anencephaly at 12w6d; D&C 5/9/12
    BFP#2 7/18/12; A/S 10/26/12 It's a Girl! EDD 3/29/13
    Phoebe Jordan Born 3/20/13

imageimage
  • Milestones: really looking at the books we read and the pictures on the wall in the nurser, still working on rolling over.

Challenges: All of a sudden it's pretty hot over here (86 outside, 83 inside, no airco) and she's not taking it so well, lot's of crying, lot's of sleeping and us trying to cool her down with wet washcloths and baths. 

Funny stories: we put her buttnaked on a blanket to combat the heat and she always manages to pee all over it....

QOTW: looking and smiling at herself and me in the mirror, looking from her to me and back, a little confused, but amused at the same time. 

Combined SiggyChallenge OaD/PAL: 4th of July CakeWreck

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 12/24/11 missed m/c 2/10/12, measuring 8w4d. BFP #2 7/7/12, Little miss F born March 17, 2013, via c-section.
  • Milestones:  She had her first try at food this past week.  She didn't care for the cream of wheat but she gummed the crap out of some cantaloupe and watermelon!  Also, she is a pro at rolling over now.  As soon as I set her down in the crib she rolls straight on to her belly.  So glad I have an angelcare monitor! haha

Challenges:  Worrying about her sleeping on her belly is not much fun :(

Funny stories:  So M has a boyfriend at daycare and yesterday when we left he started crying!  It was so cute!  We are in trouble because she is going for the older guys already! 

QOTW: M has been sleeping on her belly for about a week now but the last 2 nights she has moved on to tucking her legs in and sticking her butt up in the air while she sleeps.  It's too cute :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

**BFP #1 12/09 Diagnosed with Anencephaly D&C 3/17/09**
    **BFP #2 5/28/12 Blighted Ovum m/c 6/15/12**
    **BFP #3 7/12/12 EDD 3/21/13 - Madelyn born 3/5/13**
    BFP #4 4/2/14 - EDD 12/15/14 **Holy cow, we're having a boy!**

**PAL July Siggy Challenge - Cake Wrecks**

• image katigox:
    Any milestones?  Our DS (8.5 mo.), is crawling like crazy ~ it might only be army crawling, but still, he's pretty darn mobile ;)

Challenges?  Um, the fact that he army crawls/slithers across the floor, just so he can get to cables that he suddenly thinks are uber delicious xD

Funny Stories?  My DS is literally choosing to talk to things, by blowing raspberries at them.  It's like, his go to way of babbling the last two days (before, he did it at four months, just because he was learning to do it - now, he's holding toys in hands and talking to them that way).  My little weirdo.

QOTW: What is the cutest thing your LO did this past week? The blowing raspberries at inanimate objects isn't enough? ;)

That is definitely cute enough :D Harper just learned to blow raspberries too. 

• image andreahshields:

Any milestones?  I can't really think of anything major.  She had her 4 month check up today, 12lbs 10oz, still a little bitty thing.

Challenges?  Well I thought she had her first cold a couple weeks ago.  I guess that was just the sniffles and bit of congestion because she had a real cold this past Friday.  It was so sad!  Her little eyes were red and every sneeze required tons of clean up.  I couldn't believe such a little thing could go through so many tissues!  She was feeling much better by Saturday though, so I was way relieved and I'm sure she was too.

Funny Stories?  This girl has some power thighs!  I put her on her tummy and was shocked when she got up on her knees and started pushing!  The only problem was her little arms didn't know what to do and it turned into a face plant.  She wasn't hurt but she sure was frustrated!  I couldn't help but laugh.  She's so ready to be mobile but has a long way to go to get her arms working in sync with her lower half.

QOTW: What is the cutest thing your LO did this past week?  She has learned to blow bubbles and it cracks me up.  I got it on video and played it back on the computer so she could see it, and she started giggling!  It was so cute!  I couldn't get her to giggle again after that but I was so excited that she found herself amusing.

Poor baby girl! I'm glad she is feeling better.  

• Milestones: Harper ate meat for the first time last week. I made turkey burgers for DH and I so I made her a little baby burger with no seasoning and crumbled it up for her. She really enjoyed it! She is also cruising now. 

Challenges: SLEEP!!! She is teething and her first tooth just broke through her gums last week and she is SO irritable. I've been using teething tablets almost nightly and they seem to help but she is just so fussy and busy. I am having a really hard time getting her down to sleep and staying asleep.

Funny Stories: We were playing with our dog, Panda, and DH threw a pair of his shorts over  Panda's head and Harper thought it was so hilarious. She let out a big bell laugh. So we kept doing it and she just laughed and laughed. She loves playing with Panda. 

QOTW: Like katigox our sweet LO just learned to blow raspberries. It's really cute. She does it constantly!

• Milestones:  Emma is lifting her head which is awesome because for her being a 7week old preemie (3weeks adjusted) we aren't really doing tummy time yet.  That is until today because we started noticing her lifting when we would burp her :)

Challenges:  She still is not sleeping longer through the night.  I won't complain about her eating every 3 hours though.  I know it can be more frequent for others....

Funny stories: I think she has started recognizing when we walk into rooms because she will fuss and we see her on the monitor and when we go in to re-swaddler her she instantly goes still and closes her eyes!  lol

QOTW: Emma started *somewhat* smiling at us this week!!

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Any milestones?
    No, 3w old :)

Challenges?
    Going well! DH's first full day back to work tomorrow so I will be on my own w/2u2.

Funny Stories? Not really

QOTW: What is the cutest thing your LO did this past week?
    Right now I love her facial expressions and smiles :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic