Parenting after a Loss

The end of an era...well something like that.

Mobile: The end of an era...well something like that. 

DD spent the entire night sleeping in the crib in her room.  The transition was totally painless for her.  She went right to sleep and slept her normal schedule.  She had been sleeping really well in there on her own.  It almost seemed like I was disturbing her sleep by sharing a room.  However, it broke my heart.  I was really sad not having her right by my bed anymore.  It seems like I lost a little part of my baby :(  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: The end of an era...well something like that.

• I remember feeling very much the same way when we transitioned Liv at 3 months.  Congrats on such a smooth transition, way to go Emma!

***PAL April Siggy Challenge - Words to live by***

BFP #1 2/1/12, mmc 3/1/12 @ 8 weeks, D&C 3/2/12 
    LAP/Hysteroscopy 4/26/12 removed uterine septum and stage 1 endo BFP #2 7/23/12, induced at 37w1d for IUGR on 3/17/13, St. Patrick's Day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

"A bore is someone who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company" - Oscar Wilde 

• I know how you feel!  We still haven't made the transition.  I thought we'd make the switch at 4 months, but he's been waking up once a night again to nurse.  Now I'm thinking if he's sleeping through the night again by 5 months, then we'll make the transition?  But it's going to be tough on me.  I'll probably stay awake at night watching the monitor when he does transition to his crib.  Sorry you're heartbroken. 

imageimage         

March PAL siggy challenge;

Words to live by

• Yay for a smooth transition, but HUGS, momma!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Patiently waiting for my lovelies on TTCAL to come join me.

BFP #1 12/7/2011 EDD 8/21/2012 Delivered at 15 weeks 2/27/2012
    "I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
    BFP#2 10/19/2012 EDD 6/30/2013 Muppet delivered 6/28/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog: Dancing My Way Through Life, Loss, and Books

Everyone is welcome in my posts.

• I could've written this. My girls' transition was a piece of cake for them, not so much for me.

((HUGS))

• delinodelino
    5000 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    :::hugs:::

I transitioned D when she was 3 weeks. The first time I put her in her crib for a nap I balled my eyes out. The first night I woke constantly looking at the monitor.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ben sleeps in his crib in our room... I know sooner or later (most likely sooner) DH is going to really start to push me to move his crib into his room. He sttn so it's not like he bothers me (or DH who sleeps like a freakin log) but the crib takes up so much room. I don't want to lose that closeness.

Big (((HUGS))) to you, mama! 

PAL APRIL SIGGY CHALLENGE: WORDS TO LIVE BY

You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
     Lilypie - (KAFM)

• It's definitely bittersweet!

First BFP! 9/5/11- M/C 9wk5 1st U/S, no HB.
    Forever loved, little bug.

Second BFP: 1/13/12. 2/13/12: Blighted Ovum diagnosis. Chromosomal testing showing complete tetraploidy. We'll miss you, little monkey and wish we could have known you. Two babies never to be in our arms, but always in our hearts.

Third BFP: 5/4/12 EDD: 1/12/2013. Our rainbow baby, W, born 1/16/13 a healthy little boy!!! We love you honeybadger and are so so blessed to have brought you home!

All "after loss" board ladies (PgAL, TTCAL, PAL, MC/PL) always welcome to post!
  • image ncchnat:
    Yay for a smooth transition, but HUGS, momma!

^ THIS.

And yup, it was totally harder on me, than my DS.  We waited till he was six months old, and I think we were both so ready (though I still had a hard emotional time), that it proved to be an easy transition.  As with most things, the anticipation of the event, was far harder than the actual event.

I hope you'll feel a bit better tonight :)

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

• vflipovflipo
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ((hugs)) I'm glad the transition went well for her. Enjoy your sleep.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • krwactkrwact
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    ((hugs))  I feel you.  We unceremoniously made the switch about a month ago and even though he was totally fine with the change, it made me sad that it happened without warning.  Then again, maybe that was for the best.  I would've been dreading it in anticipation.  Enjoy the extra sleep if you can!
    Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I had very similar feelings when we transitioned DD around 6 months. ::hugs::