November 2012 Moms

Baby's first haircut

DH is bugging me to get G's hair cut, but I want to wait until closer to his first birthday.  Like any difference of opinion in our house, I ended it with...let's ask the Nov '12 moms.  

So, are you waiting until a certain age/time to get LO's hair cut?  Or have you already?   

Re: Baby's first haircut

• im not waiting for any particular milestones, but he needs to grow some hair first, huh?

• MH is also saying his hair is getting "pretty shaggy"... Confused

I'm putting him off all sorts of ways. Truth be told, I'd actually like to wait longer than his 1 year birthday.

My excuse last night was, "I want to wait until he's old enough to tell us he wants it cut himself".

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I already gave Asa his "first hair cut". It was so long in the front and it would tickle his forehead and he would itch and scratch until he cut up his poor face! So mamma took the scissors one morning and cut his bangs. I say if it isn't bothering anyone, waiting is no big deal, but once it starts to bother baby (or parents) I don't see why you couldn't or shouldn't cut it. JMO Smile

• Mine lost some in the back and on the top at different times.  He has really long hair on top and shorter in the back and on the sides.  I might get his cut pretty soon because its all uneven.  I would love to wait until he is almost 1 though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I suspect N won't need a haircut until after a year. 

DD was nearly 2 before she had enough hair to think about cutting, then it went complete ringlet and curled up so tight I didn't want to cut it.

I think N will be similar.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DH is the hold out in our house. I wouldn't mind trimming it up now, but DH doesn't want to cut it at all until he turns 1. My only issue is that his hair on the top is really long, and the rest is super short. I don't mind how it looks, but sometimes his bangs come down on his face and look like they could get in his eyes. They don't quite reach yet, but if they start getting in his eyes, this may be an issue I will need to fight for.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Our oldest still hasn't gotten his hair cut at 20 months old.  I'm wanting to wait until he's 2 in all honesty, but I'm not sure if he'll make it that long in this San Antonio heat.  I just hate to imagine his curls not being there :/
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • I was just going to post about this to my local mom's group!  My DS was born with lots of hair, never lost any...and now it's getting past his ears a bit.  DH is SO ready to cut it, but I'm so damn sentimental.  (Plus, I sorta think it's cute.)

I wanted to wait till 12 months, but with the ears getting covered, thinking we might not make it. 

• J has sort of patchy hair of different lengths. Basically he only lost some of what he was born with. The stuff that remained is now really long and the rest has come in but isn't as long. It's also much lighter than it was when he was born. DH wants to cut it but I want to wait.. We shall see who wins that battle..

• image uconnhuskie007:

im not waiting for any particular milestones, but he needs to grow some hair first, huh?

Bahaha. Hilarity!  

• image rachael_c26:

MH is also saying his hair is getting "pretty shaggy"... Confused

I'm putting him off all sorts of ways. Truth be told, I'd actually like to wait longer than his 1 year birthday.

My excuse last night was, "I want to wait until he's old enough to tell us he wants it cut himself".

Baby curls are so cute and they usually don't grow back after they are cut. Just say it's your way of keeping him a baby for a little longer. Or say it'll make you sad and hormonal. That always helps me get my way :)