Working Moms

What do you get on Amazon?

We have Amazon Prime and have been using Amazon for things like dipaers, wipes, paper towels and toilet paper forever.  I realized that I also hate going to the store for things like soap and deodorant so I signed up for those too (amazon even had better prices than walmart!).  What else do you get with Subscribe & Save?

I'm signed up for the following but would love to add more:

soap (bath and dish)

shampoo & conditioner

deodorant

applesauce pouches (we keep these in the diaper bag and use them for travelling)

paper towels

toilet paper

wipes & diapers & diaper genie refills

laundry detergent and fabric softener

ETA:  We also get all of DS's toiletries on there like lotion, bathsoap, sunblock,etc. We use Babyganics brand and they have lots available on Amazon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What do you get on Amazon?

• We are looking to add to our list. Are paper towels and toilet paper less expensive than the store?  I never thought about soap you are inspiring me 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Vitamins, razor blades, and filters for our refrigerator water/ice maker.

Oh, and recently DH started a Subscribe & Save for oats, lol.  As in, oatmeal for breakfast.  Our freezer is full. 

• image snicksnack:
    We are looking to add to our list. Are paper towels and toilet paper less expensive than the store?  I never thought about soap you are inspiring me 

I don't know if it's cheaper than the store-brand, but the name brands are cheaper on amazon, especially if you have 5 S&S items and get 20% off.

• How do you decide how frequent to get items? 

Do you have pets? They have pet food and treats on there, too.  

• image kelly422:

How do you decide how frequent to get items? 

Frequency is determined by experience.  Also, you can always change it and change the next shipment month, so I guess at first and then adjust later.

We do have a dog, but her food isn't on there (Innova/Evo/CA Natural).  I'm considering switching her to Wellness and that one is on there and is the same price as the food she has now.

• ebp913ebp913
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    image SandAndsSea:
    image kelly422:

Frequency is determined by experience.  Also, you can always change it and change the next shipment month, so I guess at first and then adjust later.

We do have a dog, but her food isn't on there (Innova/Evo/CA Natural).  I'm considering switching her to Wellness and that one is on there and is the same price as the food she has now.

It's not Amazon but Doggiefood.com is really great for nicer brand dog foods. Free shipping and they usually have a 10-20% off coupon available.   

image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now heading to 3 under 3
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green again with #3!
  • shannmshannm
    Ancient Membership 250 Answers 2500 Comments 250 Love Its
    We get things that you already mentioned plus rice white and brown, kashi crackers, cereal bars, sun butter, oatmeal, yogurt covered raisins, coffee filters.....

• I get pretty much everything but fresh groceries.
    Mascara, foundation, almond flour, coconut flour and oil. Sunscreen
  • Puffs (Happy Bellies brand)

MumMums

baby bubble bath and soap

Diaper genie refills

Baby oatmeal (Happy Bellies brand)

Some vitamins

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • image ebp913:
    image SandAndsSea:
    image kelly422:

It's not Amazon but Doggiefood.com is really great for nicer brand dog foods. Free shipping and they usually have a 10-20% off coupon available.   

Awesome, thanks!
  • Diapers, wipes, toys, clothes, electronics.

We do Sams Club for paper products, but now I am wondering if Amazon might be cheaper.

They are building a warehouse in FL soon. Boooooo for sales tax!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It is the only place we can find cinnamon dental floss these days.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • mle929mle929
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its
    We get some things already mentioned: diapers, wipes, toilet paper, soap. We also get Babyganics bubble bath and Burt's Bees shampoo and body wash.

• What PP's said. Farro pasta, quinoa (much cheaper in bulk from Amazon), Kodiak flapjack mix, soap refills that are hard to find near us, Cheddar Bunnies for DS, lotion, razor blades, contact solution, toothpaste, etc.

We just got a delivery today, in fact. Apparently DH ordered enough chapstick for himself to last the next ten years (literally). Ha.

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I do mostly everything for my kids via amazon- toys, miscellanous supplies for stuff like making popsicles, crafts, etc. I need to start doing groceries more.

I'm totally bummed that I don't live in a legal to ship wine to state b/c I just saw they're doing wine now. Sheesh. :)

• ccamccam
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    Wow - I'm going to have to look into this.  I guess I always thought the Amazon Prime price wasn't worth it.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Pregnancy Ticker 

• I always use Amazon for kids' birthday gifts.  No more meltdowns at the toy store when my kids can't have the same gift I'm buying for their friend's party.  :)
  • The better question for my family is what don't we get from Amazon?  In addition to diapers, wipes, pacifiers, clothes, shoes, pb2, mba textbooks, etc.  The only time we go to the 'store' is the grocery store, and we really only buy fresh produce, meats and diary.  Everything else is amazon.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Does anyone else's UPS driver know them by name and give them dirty looks come that time of the month when you're getting all your subscribe and save items?  I liked it better when my subscribe and save stuff came at different times.  The other day I got two boxes of diapers and a huge box of toilet paper all put in one HUGE box that I couldn't even get my arms around.  Thank goodness the UPS guy was willing to bring it into my living room for me (which they aren't supposed to do).

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then success with condoms! Who would ever have guessed.

This Cluttered Life

• image itsmevkb:
    Does anyone else's UPS driver know them by name and give them dirty looks come that time of the month when you're getting all your subscribe and save items?  I liked it better when my subscribe and save stuff came at different times.  The other day I got two boxes of diapers and a huge box of toilet paper all put in one HUGE box that I couldn't even get my arms around.  Thank goodness the UPS guy was willing to bring it into my living room for me (which they aren't supposed to do).

That would be a plus for me. I'm looking into doing this and would much prefer to get one shipment. I hate ordering five things from Amazon and getting up to five boxes - such a waste!

• You guys inspired me and I just S&Sd toilet paper, paper towels, kids' shampoo, DH's razors and paper napkins.

I need to do pasta and sauce, we use that like clockwork.  Applesauce.  Pouches if the price is good.  Rice.  Cereal bars.  Trying to think if I could S&S and totally skip the middle of the grocery store.  It sounds like heaven!

• We only use Subscribe & Save right now for wipes and diaper genie refills.

However, I regularly buy diapers for my dog (yes, you read that correctly) and toys/teething stuff for DD.

I am always on the lookout to buy new things on there. You have just inspired me to take another look!

• Tampons/pads/panty liners
    Razor blades
    Chicken broth (in the cardboard boxes, not cans)
    Macaroni & cheese
    Cheerios
    Pouches
    Crackers
    Cat treats
    Laundry detergent
    Dish soap

They're always adding things to the program too. Anything we regularly buy, I keep checking back for. We're three hours from Costco so this is instead.