July 2013 Moms

Laughing After C-Section

Okay ladies, make it hurt so good and tell me what made you laugh after your C-section and nearly ripped open your incision.

Here's mine: LO was born at 5:15 pm, so the next day my H waited anxiously for the pediatrician to visit. When he finally came into my room, H was pooping in the in-room bathroom. The next day, we were told he'd visit again so once again, we waited for him not knowing when he'd do his rounds. H said "I need to poop but I don't want him to come in again while I'm pooping." I said "That's ridiculous, it's only 2 pm, you can't just hold it in all day in case he comes in during the 5 minutes it takes you to go." 

Guess who came in not 2 minutes later, looked at the bathroom door and called "how are you doing in there?" while I burst into the most painful laughter ever?? 

BFP#1: 7/19/12 EDD: 03/15/2012 M/C: 7/28/12 - I love you always, Lily!
BFP #2: 10/28/12 EDD: 07/09/13 

My beautiful little rainbow baby girl born July 16th, 2013.

Re: Laughing After C-Section

• Hahaha, that's awesome.  It's always good to be able to laugh when in the hospital:)
  • That's hilarious!  I don't remember laughing that hard at anything soon after, but I did throw up afterward a few times- that was kind of painful!  I love how they tell you to hold a pillow over your incision when you laugh/sneeze/cough- yeah I'm not quick enough for that.
  • Lol! How embarrassing for your H!

I laughed so hard last night when I took the kids to the store. We were having a "movie night" and I told them that they could pick out some candy to have during the movie. DS2's eyes got all big in the candy aisle and he grabbed an armload of candy. He literally emptied a few racks and bags of candy were dropping out of his arms. It was so cute and funny, I felt like I could've popped a stitch!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I was in the elevator coming down from visiting Lucas in the NICU and was walking for the first time instead of taking a wheelchair there. DB said something funny and I went to laugh and inhaled to quickly and the same time, and made this horrible snorting noise that had us both cracking up. As soon as the elevator doors opened he had to grab me a wheelchair because laughing hurt so bad I couldn't walk... Luckily its been 16 days (crazy!!!) and I am fine with laughing, sneezing, and coughing nowSmile
  • image elyse05:
    That's hilarious!  I don't remember laughing that hard at anything soon after, but I did throw up afterward a few times- that was kind of painful!  I love how they tell you to hold a pillow over your incision when you laugh/sneeze/cough- yeah I'm not quick enough for that.

Ugh tell me about it...I was sitting indian style in the hospital at 2 days PP and a sneeze came without warning...I seriously thought I popped every single stitch! 

Corrine Reese (3-5-10) and Gavin Lucas (7-11-13)
    imageimage
  • I'm loving these stories! I think I'm having the baby blues hormonal crash everyone talks about because I burst into tears upon hearing about the baby prince, and again while reading J Cole's apology to the autistic community for an offensive lyric. Mind you, I did not cry at the birth of my daughter so this is pretty shocking.

• DH and I are cracking up!!! That would totally happen to him.
    BFP 3/30/2012; said goodbye 5/16/2012 BFP 11/26/2012; EDD 7/31/2013 BabyFetus Ticker
  • We had our "special dinner" before leaving the hospital and we both ordered steak. H had baby boy so he asked me I give him a bite. The expression on his face after he took the first bite told me that he would not be taking anymore. It was so funny that I made my staples bleed. But totally worth it. ;
    "Gone to Carolina in my mind..." image

Waiting for our Slurpee baby! Due 7/11
  • OMG!  That's hilarious!

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image sunnysnow44:
    We had our "special dinner" before leaving the hospital and we both ordered steak. H had baby boy so he asked me I give him a bite. The expression on his face after he took the first bite told me that he would not be taking anymore. It was so funny that I made my staples bleed. But totally worth it. ;

This reminds me of the frittata I ordered the last morning I was a patient. It was so gross I covered the dish back up and ate the 'sides'. Good thing I ordered a bagel that morning instead of my usual sensible choice.

I think you should do a spin-off of this thread - best and worst hospital meal. 

• It was during our second day home. DH was changing Ema when she blew out all over him and the changing table. My mom tried to help him clean her up and when she picked up LO, she got peed on. DH came running down the stairs covered in poop, yelling how he had never seen such a thing. I was crying from the pain I was laughing so hard. 
    J13 September Siggy Challenge - APPLES

• SwetaVSwetaV
    500 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    That's hilarious!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers