July 2012 Moms

**ame**

Hi!  What "cheese" are you giving E?  I was using these rice milk slices that came in a purple package (can't remember brand) but the store decided that they aren't carrying them anymore.  They now have a cheddar chunk by Daiya.  I bought that and L thinks it is nasty.  I tried it... it is pretty gross.  Any suggestions on something else to request the store to get?  TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2- BFP 1/14/14, EDD 9/26/14, MC 2/19/14, D&C 2/21/14- so sad to say goodbye

TTA for 2 cycles per OBGYN.  Off the bench as of 4/21/14. 

Re: **ame**

• Emma has yet to have cheese at all! Poor deprived thing! I had tried those Daiya cheeses when I was still BF and I nearly hurled. They are NOT like real cheese at all and I didn't want to make her eat it either. I think we are going to take the dive and try real cows milk cheese sometime this week. She has tolerated yogurt well so I think cheese is the next step. Have you guys tried yogurt yet? If so, how did it go?

I am hoping the cheese doesn't cause any adverse reactions so we can start working our way to WCM at some point in the next two months. We leave for Italy 9/15 and I reallllllly don't want to lug cans of Nutramigen!!! Plus, I want her to experience some formaggio and gelato! :) 

When did you pedi say it was OK to try WCM? Obviously after working your way up to it with other dairies, but did he/she mention an age minimum?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have not tried yogurt yet.  Probably will this week.  I was waiting for her to finally get over all the yuck that she's had lately.  She's going back to Kids Zone at the gym tomorrow, so I hope she doesn't catch more yuck!  I'm not sure how yogurt will go b/c she really doesn't like being spoon fed and she didn't really like the coconut yogurt.  Our pedi wants us to try WCM; it's us that's slowing it down.  I really need to just push forward and see what happens!

Italy is awesome!  What areas are you going?  Have you been before? We went to Italy in Oct 2011 and had a blast!  We went to Rome, Cinque Terra, Florence, and Venice.  Cinque Terra and Florence were my favorites. Lots of wine and cheese were consumed on that trip!  I hope E does well with cheese and milk.... it would be so fun for her to experience that part of Italy! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2- BFP 1/14/14, EDD 9/26/14, MC 2/19/14, D&C 2/21/14- so sad to say goodbye

TTA for 2 cycles per OBGYN.  Off the bench as of 4/21/14.