February 2013 Moms

Kate Middleton

I'll fully admit that I'm a Kate admirer and am excited for the baby that will soon be here.  But at the same time, I feel awful for her.  She's trying to give birth, have some sort of "normal" experience, and yet most of the modern world is waiting with baited breath for this baby to arrive so they can partake in the joy of his or her birth.  It has to be awful knowing that the whole world is waiting.  It has to be awful that they will have to "unveil" their baby on the hospital steps instead of having those first independent moments to themselves as a new family.  Even as a royal watcher, I wish she could have had this baby quietly and secretly and everyone could find out a couple weeks later, after they have had their alone time with their child.  I got pissed at my mom for texting her friends updates when I was in labor!  I can't imagine how she must feel, the pressure of delivering the next heir to the English throne on top of being a new mom.  I especially feel for her after the hounding and personal invasion she has endured from the media.  I hope they are able to go hide away somewhere for a few months and have that beautiful time to themselves.

Re: Kate Middleton

• While I understand, that is part of being famous and it obviously wasn't a deal breaker for her.

However, for those of us who enjoy our anonymity texting whole address books or facebooking updates on the labor of others can be really annoying and uncalled for.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • djhardjhar
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    I don't feel sorry for her. I think with everything in life there is a trade-off.  I'm sure she's getting top notch care, everything she could want done for her at the hospital, etc.  While she's going to have intrusions into her private life, she's also going to get extra help with the baby.  She has her own set of challenges, just like each of us.  Each situation has it's own pros and cons.
  • It's a BOY! Just announced.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    [Deleted User]
  • While I do feel bad for her, at the same time I can't help but think, "But I'm sure they'll be able to hire a night nanny to get some sleep. If she's BFing she can pump and sleep through the night at least occasionally while the nanny takes the kid." jealous.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I agree with pp's. I also feel bad when people still call her Kate Middleton. She's been the Duchess of Cambridge for over 2 years. It's kind of disrespectful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • image AimnJus917:
    I agree with pp's. I also feel bad when people still call her Kate Middleton. She's been the Duchess of Cambridge for over 2 years. It's kind of disrespectful.

Me too.  Not that I think she would care about being addressed by a formal title, but she got married!  I'd be irritated if people refused to use my married name and kept calling me by my maiden.  

I may be a big ol B sometimes… but...