July 2012 Moms

Non WCM users

If you're not doing WCM, what are you giving instead? Robin hasn't had any allergies or intolerances, but I find even an ounce of WCM gives him sour belchy burps, so I'm looking for something to use until he gets a little older and can perhaps tolerate it better.

Re: Non WCM users

• We are currently doing 1 bottle of coconut milk. She LOVED it. We arent ready for WCM yet over here, so the other bottles are still formula (Nutramigen)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have been giving an almond/coconut milk blend but just found hemp milk in the grocery and may use that instead.  The hemp milk is higher in calories/fat so it is more like whole milk.  The alternatives are low in protein so I have been adding a bit of pea protein but it doesn't mix that great.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2- BFP 1/14/14, EDD 9/26/14, MC 2/19/14, D&C 2/21/14- so sad to say goodbye

TTA for 2 cycles per OBGYN
  • I'm not against cow's milk, but so far Emily hates it.  She digs almond milk though, and drinks anywhere from 4-10 ounces of it a day in addition to nursing twice.

Said a Rink, "I think, I think..."  Said a Rink, "I do!  I love you!"

• LO has MSPI so we are not doing WCM.  Our pedi suggested almond or soy milk.  She said to stay away from rice milk as it does not have the nutritional value like almond or soy milk does.

ETA for typo

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We were doing almond and coconut milk, but went back to WCM because of the benefits for his brain.  (Actually he's on almond right now to avoid excess dairy because of his congestion) Soy milk isn't an option because of the hormones- I just don't trust it having a boy.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Almond milk, we get it from Aldi where it's a little bit cheaper. 
  • Thanks for the replies! I think I'll try coconut milk, since I used that back in the day to mix his baby oatmeal with and he liked it then. Although I do like the idea of hemp milk because of the protein content--I'll have to see if my grocery store carries it.

• Rink08Rink08
    250 Answers 2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 250 Love Its
    Two of my kids have various allergis so we have rice milk and coconut milk in the house. Coconut milk is better for the fat content however my oldest won't drink it on it's own so we keep rice milk for drinking but use coconut milk in cereal or in most recipes as a substitute.
  • Rink08Rink08
    250 Answers 2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 250 Love Its
    image aylafsu88:
    LO has MSPI so we are not doing WCM.nbsp; Our pedi suggested almond or soy milk.nbsp; She said to stay away from rice milk as it does not have the nutritional value like almond or soy milk does. ETA for typo

MSPI is Milk Soy protein intolerance so you should avoid soy milk. My oldest and youngest both have milk and soy allergies along with DS3's other allergies. Not trying to be snarky, I just don't want you or your little one to have to go through what my DS1 did before his official diagnosis if it is MSPI. There is also CMPI which is only Cow's milk protein intolerance.