Parenting after a Loss

XP pool safety-death mentioned

Our community is currently experiencing the loss of a young child who drowned in our community pool over the weekend. I just wanted to make a few posts on here to remind parents that drownings occur very quickly and often silently. Please be sure you or a responsible adult is with your children when they are swimming in a pool, the ocean, a lake, pond, stream or river. It only takes a second and a parent's watchful eye can only help.

My thoughts and prayers of course are with the family, the lifeguards, our city and the emergency officials who assisted that day. Such a tragedy.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
**Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

Re: XP pool safety-death mentioned

• ::lurking:: 

So sad... I live nearby in SE Iowa and heard this on the news. Thoughts go out to all the family and loved ones.

TTC Our Rainbow Since May 2011

BFP#1 9/9/12 -- EDD 5/14/13 -- MMC 10/10/12 Miso 10/19/12

BFP #2 9/17/13 -- EDD 5/25/14-- CP confirmed 9/21/13
     BFP #3
    2/1/14 -- EDD 10/5/14 -- NMC 2/10/14

Dx: low progesterone & mild hypothyroidism

My Chart

4e41feae2813d8779361f4b4a13b4b 1

~*~All AL Welcome~*~

• imagelindsebert:

::lurking:: 

So sad... I live nearby in SE Iowa and heard this on the news. Thoughts go out to all the family and loved ones.

It is so very sad...it sounds like all neighboring swimming pools are revisiting their rules/regulations too...so I guess if something at all comes from all of this heart ache, maybe the new rules/extra safety precautions will save another child in the future.  

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • imagemilkergirl1:

It's always sad hearing about the loss of a child.  There was a recent death of a 2 year old in our community in a lawn mower accident.  We can't keep our children in a bubble, but we can be cautious.

Agreed.

I will not take DS swimming by myself, because I am terrified of even loosing my grip on him.  I would much rather have someone with me ~ because an extra pair of eyes certainly can't hurt!

In WI (I live in MN), a two year old died, because he somehow managed to get the car keys, and locked himself into the trunk and suffocated . . . and the saddest part is, that searchers shined flashlights in the car, and underneath, but the car was locked, so they didn't think he'd be inside the trunk. 

All loss is sad.  But it seems like the accidental ones, just pull the rug out from underneath you.

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"