Multiples

The "are you going to have more?" question with twins

Reading an article about the worst questions you get asked after having a baby and this one made me laugh.

"Are you gonna have more?"

"This literally started when my twins were still tiny. Isn't two enough? Two at the same time, no less? I often responded with 'Well, I just produced a litter' and that would shut them up. Or, 'My body just went through an exorcism and my husband saw my lower intestine, spleen, and kidneys,' which would end the conversation too." ? Rachael, mom of two (2 years)

Read more: Worst Questions

1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
2nd FET 6/14/2013
- BPF!!! -
1st Beta:
1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
Second u/s
7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
Third u/s
9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!

Re: The &amp;quot;are you going to have more?&amp;quot; question with twins

• I am shocked with the number of people who keep saying "well this is great! So you will be done after this!" - seems strange to assume we are only going to have two kids. 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Funny, I've never been asked this. Maybe it's because people see that we have an older singleton too. I think most people assume we're done. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Funny. I only got that a handful of times the first two years. Since then it's been a bit of a sensitive subject for me so I do wish people just wouldn't ask, no matter how old your twins are.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • We have a 3 year old DD and are expecting two more girls. I get the "are you going to try for a boy?" Nope, the shop is closed.

• SV917SV917 member

I've gotten several "nice to get it done at once" comments. We are done with two; we were going to stop after one, so there won't be any more children after the twins. I guess it doesn't bother me because we are done, so I just agree with them. The assumption that we are done because we have a girl & a boy is annoying. A "perfect family" (whatever that is) doesn't require a boy and a girl. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageStephanie2167:
    We have a 3 year old DD and are expecting two more girls. I get the "are you going to try for a boy?" Nope, the shop is closed.

This, except we have 3 boys.

• We get this all the time. I'm pretty sure I was pregnant with the girls and people were asking if we were going to try for a boy. Or we got the, oh aren't you lucky to get it over and done with in 1 shot. All of this kills me. I enjoyed being pregnant and it upsets me that I might not be able to get this experience again.

We tell people that we are extremely busy with the girls and we are enjoying the heck out of our little family right now.

• People started asking me when we were having more when we had been home from the hospital for like a week. It's ridiculous and I'm already sick of hearing it and my babies are only 8 weeks old!

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• My b/g twins are almost 4. Since I was pregnant with them I have been getting this question and also the "Oh, a boy and a girl...so you're done, right?"  Either way, I would say, "Well, we needed help conceiving these miracles, but we are gonna keep practicing and if we get more on our own then hooray!"  Usually that quiets people quickly. :)  Now, I can just imagine what people will say now that I'm due in Feb. (with one).  Good luck with your babies. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• mine aren't even OUT and people are asking me if "I'm going to try for a girl next" 

UMMMM... how about I see if I survive the twin boys first  

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • imageSV917:

I've gotten several "nice to get it done at once" comments. We are done with two; we were going to stop after one, so there won't be any more children after the twins. I guess it doesn't bother me because we are done, so I just agree with them. The assumption that we are done because we have a girl & a boy is annoying. A "perfect family" (whatever that is) doesn't require a boy and a girl. 

Perfect family: whatever you want it to be

Other people's view on it: Mom, Dad, Boy, Girl... white picket fence...  

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • imagecarrotcake06:
    imageStephanie2167:
    We have a 3 year old DD and are expecting two more girls. I get the "are you going to try for a boy?" Nope, the shop is closed.
    This, except we have 3 boys.

Yep, this. Even when I respond with, "well, I almost bled out after the csection, so no, " they still say I might change my mind in a few years. It's always aholes with one kid too.  

Mom to Jacob, Henry and Ian Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"