August 2012 Moms

Non movers?

Is Lili the only immobile baby left? She refuses to crawl! She can go backwards, but never forwards and she can't get up on all fours. She doesn't sit up from laying down and she only "cruises" like a step then falls. She just started really rolling this past month too. I swear this child was put on this earth to teach me patience...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My Blog: Toronto Mama

Re: Non movers?

• No worries.  She will move when she wants to move!  Sometimes I wish Sam was a non-mover....

Cheese!

• Logan only mastered rolling around 9 months but gave that up when he learned how to scoot. He hates being on his tummy and won't even get on all fours. He has no interest in pulling himself up or cruise/walk. He's not immobile because he's a very fast scooter! He can't get himself from laying to sitting position, either. He's into everything and I'm constantly having to re-direct him. Don't rush it! Haha.

Anniversary
  • Samantha just started this weekend. And I'm a bit over excited because she didn't even attempt this morning at all. She is much too content to play on the floor without moving to care!! Lili will get there. I think our los are close in their abilities. She just started rolling a couple weeks ago and only sat up from laying last Wednesday. No worries lady! It'll happen.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image sarzer121:
    Samantha just started this weekend. And I'm a bit over excited because she didn't even attempt this morning at all. She is much too content to play on the floor without moving to care!! Lili will get there. I think our los are close in their abilities. She just started rolling a couple weeks ago and only sat up from laying last Wednesday. No worries lady! It'll happen.

I think the same! Whenever I worry about Lili, I'm like "well CLeigh's DS and Sarzer's DD are like her too, so it's ok!" But then last week CLeigh posted that B was crawling and today you did so I'm like "WAHH!!! We're all alone now!!" Haha! I'm ok...I know she's fine. I just want her to be motivated to get going!
    My Blog: Toronto Mama
  • A month from now when you're tearing your hair out chasing after her all day.... you're going to look back on today and laugh ;) Hughitt scoots, but doesn't crawl on all fours... I don't think he will. Some babies aren't crawlers!
  • Victoria just started crawling this weekend. No signs of cruising though. It will happen. It's exciting when it does but things turn into a whole new ball game when they become mobile. We had to put up the baby gates this weekend, oh how I did not miss the baby gates.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • You probably just want me to keep my mouth shut at this point, right? :)

Please don't worry. It's a wonderful sign she is showing SOME movement. L literally IMMOBILE until the day he turned 1. Like absolutely no scooting, moving backwards....etc.

Cruising like a step is great! B isn't doing that yet. He is crawling, but still like smeagol from Lord of the Rings. 

WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • If it is any constellation.... Samantha showed no skill set for crawling at daycare today. They think I'm crazy. She reverted back to her routine of if she landed on her belly somehow she proceeded to out thumb in mouth lay head down and rest!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • As I've mentioned before, Sidney did not crawl until 1yr1 day. Now we have to follow him everywhere! LOL Lili will move soon, I'm sure!

TTC since May 2010
    BFP#1 12/12/10  EDD 08/17/11  MM/C and D&C 01/21/11 
    BFP#2 11/25/11  EDD 08/09/12
    Baby Boy wanted to arrive early (35w6d) on 07/07/12

• My son caterpillar crawls. Saw ped today for one yr appt. most kids walk at 13 months but up to 18 months is normal.