January 2014 Moms

Help me hide my belly!

Does anyone have any tips for hiding a belly? The extra padding I had on my tummy to begin with, the fact that my last pregnancy was less than a year ago and my abdominals spilt is making it really hard to hide my pregnancy. I'm only 13 weeks, but I look about 20 weeks. I have to go to my ILs today without DH and we haven't told them yet. We want to tell them together, so obviously we can't today since DH won't be there. 

Is anyone still hiding their bump? Any tips on how to do this without wearing a giant hoodie? I'm really worried that they are going to notice. I may just have to suffer and wear a giant hoodie. I hope it's not too hot today Tongue Tied

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image                      

Re: Help me hide my belly!

• I feel your pain.  I had the same problem when I got pregnant.  I still looked pregnant from having given birth less than a year earlier.  It actually made it easier for me to hide because I still had my belly though.  I would suggest just wearing a baggy button down shirt.
  • Ummm sleeveless blubble vest? lol

Do you have any shapewear you could put on to suck it all in and at least look smooth?  Or an old abdominal binder?  My only suggestion is to wear something under your clothes that might be tight enough to hide any bump that is forming.  Otherwise I would probably just fib if asked...

_________________________________________________________________________________

Baby Bee arrived 12/10/13 - marriage already arranged to Baby Chugging.  Sorry boys...

• spanx.  I love my spanx

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image MarBee1214:

Ummm sleeveless blubble vest? lol

Do you have any shapewear you could put on to suck it all in and at least look smooth?  Or an old abdominal binder?  My only suggestion is to wear something under your clothes that might be tight enough to hide any bump that is forming.  Otherwise I would probably just fib if asked...

Yeah I have spanks I plan on wearing that are pretty tight and I'll probably wear a dress. But my belly sticks out more than my boobs (my boobs are huge, so you get the idea lol) even with spanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image                      

• We're out so I'm not hiding anything anymore and I must say it feels so nice to just wear what I want!  But....having said that I totally understand where you're coming from.

I found that layering (or the look of layering) helped and then a loose cardy to hide any bulges from wearing non-maternity trousers.  Also - I found that squeezing into non-mat clothes made me look bigger than when I fit well into mat clothes. 

Pregnancy Ticker image

• What about artistically draping a scarf around your neck and hanging down to cover the bump?
    I can't wait to meet you Neva Margaret Rebecca
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Drapy shirts with elastic on the bottom cover up the bump the best by far.  The elastic on the bottom is the key.  They are pretty easy to find this summer, it is a popular style.  They billow out exactly where your bump is.  And they are good for hiding a muffin top post pregnancy.
    Lilypie - (7gcp)

Lilypie - (S3If)

• Can you wear one of those baby doll dresses and shape wear? Bring a big purse and put it in front of your tummy?

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards