July 2012 Moms

**bellaxanthe**

Any new news on C's adhesion, kidneys, UTIs?  Hope she is doing well.  

I asked about LOs adhesion at her 1 year.  She still has one but it is mild so that's as good as news as I could hope for I guess. The Dr. did recommend that I try stretching the area during diaper changes.  I'm not sure about this advice.... have you had any Dr. tell you something similar?  I haven't been following that suggestion and I know that H will NOT do that.  We do always make sure to wipe her really well.    

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2- 1/14/14, EDD 9/26/14, MC 2/19/14, D&C 2/21/14- so sad to say goodbye

BFP #3- 6/11/14, EDD 2/6/15- TWIN BOYS!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: **bellaxanthe**

• She still has a minor adhesion that isn't going away. I still use the premarin daily on it but was going to transition to vaseline in the near future. Doc never said anything about "stretching it" nor have I read anything about that. I wouldn't want to do that. :-( We are on fever watch. Basically if she gets a fever with no other symptoms, it is probably a UTI so we are to bring her in immediately to get her on antibiotics (which then cause nasty yeast infections). The new docotor reviewed the ultrasound and put us more at ease. The swelling was so minor he said it could just be the difference between kidneys from birth. But if she keeps having recurring UTIs than we'll do another utlrasound and the other test shooting dye up there.

So far so good. We haven't had anything more in the last few weeks.  It sounds like if the adhesions are minor, it may cause no issue in the future. Hopefully we are both in that boat!

My little buttercup has the sweetest smile.OMFG I cannot get a signature to work. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This came up on H's nerd radar a little while ago, and I thought of you...
    http://gizmodo.com/smartdiaperhowurinesoakedqrcodescouldbenefitb5989933
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Vanessa - that is crazy (and kind of cool!). Hmmm how to become a test case...
    My little buttercup has the sweetest smile.OMFG I cannot get a signature to work. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image vanessaLC:
    This came up on H's nerd radar a little while ago, and I thought of you... http://gizmodo.com/smartdiaperhowurinesoakedqrcodescouldbenefitb5989933

Boo... I can't get it to load. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I couldn't either but searched for smartdiaperurinesoaked and got to it.
  • image bellaxanthe:

She still has a minor adhesion that isn't going away. I still use the premarin daily on it but was going to transition to vaseline in the near future. Doc never said anything about "stretching it" nor have I read anything about that. I wouldn't want to do that. :-( We are on fever watch. Basically if she gets a fever with no other symptoms, it is probably a UTI so we are to bring her in immediately to get her on antibiotics (which then cause nasty yeast infections). The new docotor reviewed the ultrasound and put us more at ease. The swelling was so minor he said it could just be the difference between kidneys from birth. But if she keeps having recurring UTIs than we'll do another utlrasound and the other test shooting dye up there.

So far so good. We haven't had anything more in the last few weeks.  It sounds like if the adhesions are minor, it may cause no issue in the future. Hopefully we are both in that boat!

Glad that she is doing better and got good news on the kidneys!  The Dr. never had us use anything besides vaseline.  I have about 1000 half filled squeeze bottles of it laying around.  Hope she stays UTI free! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • PaddyBPaddyB
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    butting in:  Henry had a minor adhesion on his penis.  We caught is early and the recommendation from the doctor was to pull on it after his bath and during diaper changes, plus use vaseline in the area.  It worked- we were able to pull it apart.  He was super unhappy about it, and the area was super red for a little bit, but now it is looking normal.
    Henry  Greta
    image          image
    Henry Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image A&B September 17:

image vanessaLC:
    This came up on H's nerd radar a little while ago, and I thought of you...
    http://gizmodo.com/smartdiaperhowurinesoakedqrcodescouldbenefitb5989933

Boo... I can't get it to load. 

Oh, sorry. Clearly, H is the nerd in the family, LOL! I'm glad you found it.
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker