November 2012 Moms

Re: OB question (clicky)

• I've been going to the same OB/GYN group for a long time.  Their whole marketing hook is that every single person in the office is female.  It was kind of strange when I had a male Anesthesiologist place my epi.  I hadn't seen a male doctor in years!  

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Out of the 7 OBs at my office, I think 3 are male. All 3 are on the older side.

My OB is female, the OB that was my dr in the hospital was female (mine was oot) and the OB that delivered H was female.

• SS-

I don't see an OB. I either see a nurse or a MW... regardless, they're always female.

• There are 4 doctors in my OB/Gyn's office. 3 of them are male, but my doctor is female. Unless your own OB is OOT when you deliver, you get your own doctor so my doctor delivered LO. Otherwise, you get the on call doctor. I'm very comfortable with all of them since I work with them (I'm a L&D nurse) & would trust every one of them. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MaebbMaebb
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    I go to a team of docs, 3 female and 2 male. They're all great. Actually the one that I like best is male because he has a good sense of humor and nice calm demeanor and way of explaining things simply.

The other male is probably gay. Some people have said that they wouldn't trust a gay OBGYN because he doesn't have a vagina and also doesn't really have any interaction or experience with them in his personal life, but it was the gay one who delivered DS, and I have nothing but positive things to say about the whole experience.
  • image Maebb:
    I go to a team of docs, 3 female and 2 male. They're all great. Actually the one that I like best is male because he has a good sense of humor and nice calm demeanor and way of explaining things simply. The other male is probably gay. Some people have said that they wouldn't trust a gay OBGYN because he doesn't have a vagina and also doesn't really have any interaction or experience with them in his personal life, but it was the gay one who delivered DS, and I have nothing but positive things to say about the whole experience.

What the f'uck?

• SS - because...I only see an OB during pregnancy. I get referred by my family doctor. 

With DD I was seeing an OB at the hospital. She was one of a team of 12. Day of delivery, I got a female resident who delivered DD. The on-call was male.

With DS I was referred to a group again (of 10 OBs) and primarily saw the same female OB. My last appointment before he was born was also female (mine was on vacay). For delivery, the on-call was male. He was much nicer than my OB. 

I didn't care if I got male or female. I just don't like creepy.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My ob before I got pregnant was male, but he had retired from delivering babies so I switched to a midwife practice. My midwife was female, the ob who basically hangs out and waits for complications was male, I never saw him after he came in to say hi at my first appointment.

The practice stopped taking my insurance right after Noa wa born, so now I have to find another one *sigh* 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    image image
  • image Maebb:
    I go to a team of docs, 3 female and 2 male. They're all great. Actually the one that I like best is male because he has a good sense of humor and nice calm demeanor and way of explaining things simply. The other male is probably gay. Some people have said that they wouldn't trust a gay OBGYN because he doesn't have a vagina and also doesn't really have any interaction or experience with them in his personal life, but it was the gay one who delivered DS, and I have nothing but positive things to say about the whole experience.

....I guess as long as you don't think this way...

• image kiraliz2:

image Maebb:

What the f'uck?

Hmm

• MaebbMaebb
    image rachael_c26:

image Maebb:
    I go to a team of docs, 3 female and 2 male. They're all great. Actually the one that I like best is male because he has a good sense of humor and nice calm demeanor and way of explaining things simply.

The other male is probably gay. Some people have said that they wouldn't trust a gay OBGYN because he doesn't have a vagina and also doesn't really have any interaction or experience with them in his personal life, but it was the gay one who delivered DS, and I have nothing but positive things to say about the whole experience.

I don't! I think this doctor is great! I had some complications during delivery with meconium and tearing, and he handled it amazingly. Sexual orientation has absolutely nothing to do with a doctor's ability to do his or her job well.
  • image Maebb:
    image rachael_c26:

image Maebb:

I don't! I think this doctor is great! I had some complications during delivery with meconium and tearing, and he handled it amazingly. Sexual orientation has absolutely nothing to do with a doctor's ability to do his or her job well.

LOL. Good! It's just such a strange line of reasoning. Don't hang out with those people any more. They're weird. Stick out tongue

• kbl13kbl13
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Second Anniversary
    My OB is male, the other 2 in the office are female. All 3 are young,  I'd guess mid-to-late 30s. Loved my OB! His wife was preg with baby #4 at the time, so I feel like he was extra empathetic.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• SS. With H I had a male. Now that we've moved I saw a female general family doc for my annual. I would like to go to an OB for my next pregnancy and I think there are only men at the hospital here.

• SS- There are four doctors.  Three are female and one is male.  I see all of them.  A femail delivered DD, but that's just because she was the one on call at the time.  I love all four doctors at this practice. 

image   image

• tngrl3tngrl3
    1000 Comments 250 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    I voted female but technically it's SS. My main OB/GYN is female and she's who I've seen for several years. The OB that did my csection was male and during pregnancy I rotated through the different doctors. 
    imageimage Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • image rachael_c26:
    SS-

I don't see an OB. I either see a nurse or a MW... regardless, they're always female.

This.

• image Maebb:

Ok then...who are "some people"?

• zmosszmoss
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Love Its

My OBGYN is male. He is great, super personable and easy to get along with. One of the reasons I selected him was because I wanted someone that my H would see eye to eye with. My H can be judgmental and is really anti-social so it was important to have someone that he would feel comfortable seeing and talking to for 9+ months.

That being said a female OBGYN delivered LJ because she was on call. I think in the practice that I go to the ratio is something like 8:2 in favor of female doctors. 

imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
  • MaebbMaebb
    image kiraliz2:

image Maebb:

Ok then...who are "some people"?

A very closed minded family member. I live in the South...DH and I keep talking about how we need to move to CA because we would probably fit in better there from a political and social viewpoint. My MIL even thinks that Avatar is a bad movie with bad values because "you know how those environmentalists are the same people who are pro abortion." And she told DH that he is a bad Christian because he hangs out with gay friends. He totally lost it and was the angriest I've ever seen him. I don't want to hijack this post or completely change the topic. I've been very bothered lately by the viewpoints of my friends and family members, so I end up venting here because everyone IRL thinks I'm a crazy liberal who has turned away from the good values I was taught as a child. I should probably just learn to ignore these offensive and ignorant opinions of others instead of letting them get to me.
  • The practice I use has 6 doctors - 3 female and 3 male.  I liked all the female OBs, but my guy is freaking awesome - dry wit and sarcastic, with a touch of hotness. 
  • Both. If one isn't available I see the other one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mine is a female. 

There is no way a man can talk to me about a body part he doesn't even have. 

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture