February 2012 Moms

Anyone's LO just constantly run off?

DD2 is 17 months and whenever we put her down anywhere, she RUNS off.  She won't stay anywhere near you just off running instantly.  I try to get her to walk with me holding hands but she refuses and will sometime throw herself on the ground to get her hand out of ours.  

DD1 was always a chill kid and never took off anywhere.  She'd walk everywhere holding hands with me.  These 2 are like night and day in every way.  Anyone else's LO constantly taking off?  When does this end?  I'm PG with #3 (a Feb 2014 baby!) and I'm hoping that when #3 is born that i'm not carrying DD2 who will be  2 y.o.everywhere.  

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone's LO just constantly run off?

• DD likes to walk on her own (no hand holding) and will run off on occasion.  I would suggest for you the dreaded kid leash.  It would give a little bit of freedom but not let her get too far.  I'm seriously considering one for DD because she likes running around in stores and it is too easy to lose sight of her. 
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• DD does this in stores now. She will not stay in the cart for long at all now. I know we created a bad habit because when she would start to get crazy in the cart while DH and I would be shopping together (which is a good portion of the time) he would let her get down and walk and he would supervise. This has totally backfired. Obviously if I am in a store with her by myself it is HORRIBLE because she is either screaming in the cart instantly or pretty quickly or I can choose to let her down and then have to keep an eye on her plus try to get my shopping done. She is everywhere. EVERYWHERE. We were in Lowe's last night and she just walks off. I told DH we are getting that cute backpack "leash" from BBB with the monkey with a pink bow. I'm sold. I don't think it will solve everything because she can still be destroying stuff but at least she can't get too far away from me. I thought I would only use a leash if we were at a festival or some crowded special event like that but nope, totally going to be using one in Target pretty soon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I can see why people use those leashes, but they are just not for me.  I guess we're just gonna have to wait it out.  I'm hoping she gets past this stage sooner than later though.  It's exhausting!
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"