July 2012 Moms

remedies for early morning waking?

LO usually wakes b/t 7-730 which works out well.  However, she got sick 3 weeks ago and started waking around 5-530.  I figured she'd go back to her old schedule once she was healthy again but she hasn't.  I try to ignore her until an appropriate wake time but she gets hysterical and starts screaming/crying.  Any suggestions on how to reset her wake-up clock?  Nap and bedtimes haven't changed.  TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2- BFP 1/14/14, EDD 9/26/14, MC 2/19/14, D&C 2/21/14- so sad to say goodbye

TTA for 2 cycles per OBGYN.  Off the bench as of 4/21/14. 

Re: remedies for early morning waking?

• Honestly (and not really great advice) but you may have to just wait it out. 

Usually Henry would go down around 8pm and he would sleep until about 6:30am every morning.  Then all of a sudden for about 3 weeks he was up at 4:45/5ish.  No matter if I tried to put him to bed earlier or later it was always 5ish.  Then out of the blue starting last week he starting sleeping till 7am.  No clue why but I hope it continues.  Could she possibly be getting some teeth?  I think that may have been Henry's problem.

• I bring Cosette into bed with me. Not the best solution but once she is totally out again, I walk her back to her room and put her back in bed.  I can usually get an hour more out of her.
    My little buttercup has the sweetest smile.OMFG I cannot get a signature to work. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image bellaxanthe:
    I bring Cosette into bed with me. Not the best solution but once she is totally out again, I walk her back to her room and put her back in bed.  I can usually get an hour more out of her.

I did this on the weekends when Henry was going through this.  I couldn't during the week because of my work schedule but it would help on the weekends.

• image Laurski81:

Honestly (and not really great advice) but you may have to just wait it out. 

Usually Henry would go down around 8pm and he would sleep until about 6:30am every morning.  Then all of a sudden for about 3 weeks he was up at 4:45/5ish.  No matter if I tried to put him to bed earlier or later it was always 5ish.  Then out of the blue starting last week he starting sleeping till 7am.  No clue why but I hope it continues.  Could she possibly be getting some teeth?  I think that may have been Henry's problem.

I think her one year molars are working their way in.  I'm not sure it's teething though b/c she is usually cranky and whiny during teething and she's not right now.... hope I didn't just jinx myself!  

A friend suggested that maybe she needs to go down to one nap but she usually naps at 10 and is definitely tired and goes down easy at that time, so I don't know if that's a solution either.   

Baby #2- BFP 1/14/14, EDD 9/26/14, MC 2/19/14, D&C 2/21/14- so sad to say goodbye

• image bellaxanthe:
    I bring Cosette into bed with me. Not the best solution but once she is totally out again, I walk her back to her room and put her back in bed.  I can usually get an hour more out of her.

I wish this girl would sleep in bed with me!  The only time that happens is if she is sick.  Any other time being in our bed=play time and pillow jumping! 

• image bellaxanthe:

I wish this girl would sleep in bed with me!  The only time that happens is if she is sick.  Any other time being in our bed=play time and pillow jumping! 

• We have an early morning waker too.  We really had to work up to a normal time in increments.  So somedays we just make him wait 5 minutes for us, then 10, then 15.  Then he started sleeping during those times.  Finally we were able to wait until 6-6:15 to get him up. It was a process though. 

Also, we can not get our kid to sleep in our bed either.  It is major play time.   

• image A&B September 17:

image bellaxanthe:

Lol I'm so glad you said this... because when people say they bring them to bed with them this is what I picture. I thought I was the only one with a baby who wouldn't sleep in our bed. It's like her own personal bouncy house. 

And sorry, I have no advice on the sleeping in thing. But if you figure it out definitely share the information.

But I have been told a frying pan to the head will get you another hour or 2... just saying...  

BFP 11-19-11, EDD 07-30-12, E was born 08-08-2012

BFP 11-13-12, EDD 07-25-13, C was born 07-26-2013
  • No advice but I'm in the same boat as you. I do think Robin is teething so I'm hoping that's the cause...

• image Pegleg715:
    image A&B September 17:

image bellaxanthe:

Lol I'm so glad you said this... because when people say they bring them to bed with them this is what I picture. I thought I was the only one with a baby who wouldn't sleep in our bed. It's like her own personal bouncy house. 

And sorry, I have no advice on the sleeping in thing. But if you figure it out definitely share the information.

But I have been told a frying pan to the head will get you another hour or 2... just saying...  

This is us too!  How an earth do you get your kid to lay still and sleep?  If she's in our bed she's either terrorizing the dogs or hitting us in the face.  There is no sleeping!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Hmmm - some times she is super wiggly I admit.  But mostly I just put her up towards the headboard. She is weird and her head must be touching something solid. Then I lay behind her.  Usually she is out in about 10 minutes.

My little buttercup has the sweetest smile.OMFG I cannot get a signature to work. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image JAck5209:
    image Pegleg715:
    image A&B September 17:

image bellaxanthe:

This is us too!  How an earth do you get your kid to lay still and sleep?  If she's in our bed she's either terrorizing the dogs or hitting us in the face.  There is no sleeping!

Just saw you U/S post... congrats on your twins!