Parenting

Amazon gifts

Do you get the gift wrapping option when sending Amazon gifts? I kinda feel like it's a waste since the items will be delivered straight to their house. I'm getting a couple things off the registry and Amazon charges around $5 for each item to be wrapped. And I'm already pushing my budget a little bit with my gift (just in that it's more than I usually spend as a wedding gift, not like I'll have trouble paying the bills.)

What does parenting say? Am I just being a cheap a s s and need to suck it up and pay to have a proper gift delivered OR can I skip it and save a couple bucks?

Re: Amazon gifts

• I don't know if it's always like that but once my BIL had stuff wrapped and sent to MIL's for Christmas when he couldn't be there. The packing slip had all the contents and prices and it was lain right on top of the gifts. After that I stopped.

Hysterectomy after Stage IV Endometriosis
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Charlotte Rocks!

• SpookoSpooko
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary

image fredalina:
    I don't know if it's always like that but once my BIL had stuff wrapped and sent to MIL's for Christmas when he couldn't be there. The packing slip had all the contents and prices and it was lain right on top of the gifts. After that I stopped.

To avoid this, there's a box you check that says "It will be a gift" or something along those lines. That's supposed to generate a plain packing slip on their end.

To the OP, I think it's probably fine. I mean, they do get to open the box at least. 

• image Spooko:

image fredalina:
    I don't know if it's always like that but once my BIL had stuff wrapped and sent to MIL's for Christmas when he couldn't be there. The packing slip had all the contents and prices and it was lain right on top of the gifts. After that I stopped.

To avoid this, there's a box you check that says "It will be a gift" or something along those lines. That's supposed to generate a plain packing slip on their end.

To the OP, I think it's probably fine. I mean, they do get to open the box at least. 

Yeah, but don't you have to check the box to get wrapping? I assume it was an error on Amazon's part but I'm not going to pay 5 bucks per gift and risk that mistake ruining it. They can just open the box.

Hysterectomy after Stage IV Endometriosis
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Charlotte Rocks!

• Isn't the brown box it comes in good enough wrapping?
  • I've never used he gift wrapping option before. I probably would for a small child, but not an adult.

I have checked the box to hide the prices on the invoice though. They are two separate options.

Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/1b081e49f637d2a6cfee816c4436f401/tumblr_mw70i7PPZ71slruimo1_500.gif
  • I use the gift wrapping option often, but mostly only when I'm buying a gift to be delivered directly to someone else to whom I was unable the give the gift in person. I've never had a problem with the receipt with prices being included. 
    "To me, you are perfect."

• Thanks for validating my cheapness, parenting! Gifts ordered, sans gift wrapping.
  • No. The box is enough, IMO and the wrapping isn't worth it. It's just a blue options.

If you click "this is a gift," it will hide cost on the receipt. It does not mean it's automatically gift wrapped...that's an option on the next page.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Meh, I'd skip the gift wrapping option, too. Further validation in cheapskateness, lol.

Big Sister ~ Little Brother

• image Soxgirl07:
    Thanks for validating my cheapness, parenting! Gifts ordered, sans gift wrapping.

good call.  I might be cheap (okay, i am), but that sounds like a true waste of money, IMO.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I usually don't.  I think I've done it once or twice, but most of the time I don't bother.  I'm too cheap to pay the additional price for wrapping on top of shipping (I don't have prime and sometimes avoid the free super saver option so I'm sure it arrives on time).
    O&D December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movies
  • I never pay for the gift wrap if I'm having something delivered.  Honestly, even if I go to a store, I will not pay for them to wrap a gift.  I can get cute paper or a cute bag and do it myself for half the cost.  If its free - why yes, I will let them wrap it and give a small tip.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards