Hi! I have never posted here, but am hoping to get some guidance. My H and I have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years. In that time we had a MC and he was deployed. We have struggled to find our way through the hell of IF. I have taken a more spiritual direction in determining how we will become parents and my H has been in the "what happens happens" mindset.
Anyway, we both agreed that when the time is right and we get the point of adoption we will seriously consider it. Yesterday I received a call from my brother about a friend that is placing their child up for adoption. He and his wife had considered adopting but decided that they aren't in the place to go forward with it, but knew that it was something that we were considering.
The baby is six months old and is currently living with a grandparent. The parents already had 3 kids and they didn't want any more children and they don't want to parent this baby. My brother says they are willing to sign over all parental rights immediately. H and I have agreed to look into this and figure out if it is feasible for us. I know that it will vary from state to state, but where do I start? Do can anyone point me in the right direction?
Any words of wisdom would be amazing! Thanks!