1st Trimester

Maybe Baby?

Sorry if this is long. I have a feeling I may be pregnant. I have been on birth control pills for a while to be more specific ortho tricyclen lo. Then I got very busy and could not get a hold of my doctor for weeks, so I went without my pills for a little while. On my first week of being back on my pills, me and my husband had unprotected sex a few times. I got my period on the 4th of July, that only lasted 2 days. Then on the 14th a week later I got a second period lasting 3 days. I was thinking these may be side effects from getting back on birth control pills. But I have been having mild back pain, nauseous. And my breasts seem fuller and hurt on and off. I haven't told my husband, I don't want to make him worry over something that may be nothing. Has anyone ever gotten pregnant while on birth control pills? Any advice would be appreciated Thanks.

Re: Maybe Baby?

• It definitely could be breakthrough bleeding from being back on the pill.  But if you were off the pill for any period of time, and had unprotected sex any time in there, including after you started taking it again, you could definitely be pregnant.  I have a few friends who got pregnant while taking the pill 100% (or maybe 99%) as directed, so it's definitely possible.   

Have you taken a HPT?   

imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, people have gotten pregnant on BCP. And I'm sure even more people have gotten pregnant when messing up their BCP.

No one can tell you if you are pregnant. Your symptoms may be pregnancy hormones, they may be PMS hormones, or they may just be because you threw your cycle out of whack by screwing with it and not taking your pills correctly.

Take a test. The Internet cannot tell you what you want to know.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • codeccodec
    500 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper

image rockopera:
    Yes, people have gotten pregnant on BCP. And I'm sure even more people have gotten pregnant when messing up their BCP. No one can tell you if you are pregnant. Your symptoms may be pregnancy hormones, they may be PMS hormones, or they may just be because you threw your cycle out of whack by screwing with it and not taking your pills correctly. Take a test. The Internet cannot tell you what you want to know.

This.

• It's possible. Only a pregnancy test can tell you though. Keep testing, using pink dye tests and first morning urine, until you get a positive or your period. If you go 60 days without any of the above then contact your GP for further inquiry.

• I got pregnant while on the NuvaRing.  You have to remember that birth control is only 99% effective... I would take a HPT.
  • I got pregnant being extremely careful with my birth control pills.
  • MrsMuqMrsMuq
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer

Of course people have gotten pregnant while taking birth control pills. If you don't take your pills correctly, you could get pregnant.

However, unless you get a positive pee stick test, we're not going to be able to tell you any better whether you're pregnant or not.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

"The strong look for more strength; the weak look for excuses."

Married July 2009, Furbaby adopted Sept. 2010, DS born June 2012