Cloth Diapering

GTKY: Living Spaces

After our air conditioner broke at 3 p.m. on a Friday and we've been living with my mom over the weekend, I'm curious to hear about all of your living environments! Also, I'm really enjoying reading about all the chickens, lol. So....tell me about your housing! Feel free to pick and choose the questions you answer.

House/Apt/Duplex/Other:

Who lives there? 

How many bedrooms (who shares?):

Bathrooms:

"Special" rooms (sewing/sunroom):

Perks of your property (chicken coop, GTL, lake nearby, large yard):

Is this property similar to your childhood living situation? 

Will you be here in 10 years?

What is your ideal living situation? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Re: GTKY: Living Spaces

• We live in a tiny 2 bdrm 2 bathroom apartment. There is a small yard and a garage with a washer and dryer too. There are now 4 of us. My DH, myself, my 3 year old DS and 1 month old DS. Oh, and a cat. I can't wait to move to a bigger place but we took what we could get when moving to this new town 5 months ago. There is central heating and air and it is clean so I can't complain much.
    Edited to add: DS 1 has his own room. DS 2 shares with us for now.
    *~m/c on 6/5/09 @ 7w2d~* *~m/c on 8/20/12 @ 6w5d~*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • House/Apt/Duplex/Other:house

Who lives there? DH and I and 2 kids

How many bedrooms (who shares?): 4 bedrooms, but DS1 is the only one currently sleeping alone! :) DS2 bedshares with us.

Bathrooms: 2

"Special" rooms (sewing/sunroom):0 -- an extra bedroom is used for storage of crafts and guitars. Oh and a garage!  We've never had one before now!

Perks of your property (chicken coop, GTL, lake nearby, large yard): HOA! :)  We just moved here about 5 mo ago (a week before baby!) I love the HOA and their rules.  Everything is pretty and quiet and there is a pool and a playground.

Is this property similar to your childhood living situation? Yes

Will you be here in 10 years? Yes

What is your ideal living situation? This

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • House

husband, daughter, me.

2 bedroom, 2 bath

Our basement entertainment room.  It's pretty cosy and a nice place to unwind.

Perks: full basement and we actually have a nice sized backyard.  We also have some great neighbors.

Its very similar to my childhood home.

Our daughter and son will need to share a room for awhile,  but we've got a good amount of property to expand on. 

• image bookitup:
    nbsp;nbsp; House/Apt/Duplex/Other: HouseWho lives there?nbsp;Me, my husband, and my 4 boys!How many bedrooms who shares?:4 bedrooms, the 13mo old twins share. Well so do my husband and I ;Bathrooms:2.5"Special" rooms sewing/sunroom:Not reallyPerks of your property chicken coop, GTL, lake nearby, large yard:Not a huge but nice enough yard, I love where I live!Is this property similar to your childhood living situation?nbsp;Kinda but not really. Same type of neighborhood and similar dwelling type but just different in a desert vs. rainforest sort of way Albuquerque vs. Seattle Will you be here in 10 years? Yes!What is your ideal living situation?nbsp;
    BFP#3: 3/1/11, EDD 11/11/11 - Missed M/C diagnosed 4/7/11 (7w6d), D&C 4/8/11

BFP#4: 7/6/11, EDD 3/15/12 - Missed M/C diagnosed 8/8/11 (8w4d), M/C 8/19

BFP#5: 10/8/11, EDD 6/17/12, U/S on 10/27/11 - fraternal twin boys born 6/3/12

Waiting for my buddy, s0ulchicken, to finish cooking her own twins!
  • image bookitup:
    nbsp;nbsp;After our air conditioner broke at 3 p.m. on a Friday and we've been living with my mom over the weekend, I'm curious to hear about all of your living environments! Also, I'm really enjoying reading about all the chickens, lol. So....tell me about your housing! Feel free to pick and choose the questions you answer.House/Apt/Duplex/Other:Who lives there?nbsp;How many bedrooms who shares?:Bathrooms:"Special" rooms sewing/sunroom:Perks of your property chicken coop, GTL, lake nearby, large yard:Is this property similar to your childhood living situation?nbsp;Will you be here in 10 years?What is your ideal living situation?nbsp;

We just moved here last month from across the street. It's a cozy house, 2 bd 1 bath with garage, driveway, yard, porch, real fireplace, central AC, laundry room, hardwood floors. We love it, even though we downsized. We were looking to buy but the area we live in and want to continue living in is rated one of the most desirable areas and hot market areas in the US. So, we're content with renting for now. At least it's a house! We are right by the LA river, tons of hiking trails within walking distance. It's a tad rural with a lot of urban, and neighboring suburbia. Lots of eclectic things around.

It's me, DH, our dog, cat, and baby expected in sept!

We will probably be here for about 5 years, then we'll need more space. It is not much like my childhood house. We moved a lot when I was little and we always had carpet and grandparents living with us.
  • House/Apt/Duplex/Other:
    House; raised ranch style... 

Who lives there? 
    Currently DH, myself and two adorable black cats.

2, but the nursery is actually 2 rooms that the previous owner combined into a huge room... So eventually it will be back to the three it was built with
    And DH and I share 

Bathrooms:
    1, with another downstairs almost complete

"Special" rooms (sewing/sunroom):?
    Guest room (second half of the nursery), man cave...

Inground pool, pretty easy access to highways (2 minute drive) and stores (4 minutes) 

to your childhood living situation? 
    kind of. I grew up in a modified raised ranch that had more land, but its the same town 

probably.

If I could buy out the houses that are adjacent to our property and get a full acre... I could stay here forever...

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
  • Robi1Robi1
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper

House/Apt/Duplex/Other: house

Who lives there? DH, baby and me

How many bedrooms (who shares?): 4 technically but 2 are offices right now

Bathrooms: 3 full

"Special" rooms (sewing/sunroom): just a walkout basement

Perks of your property (chicken coop, GTL, lake nearby, large yard): driveway!! not much else....

Is this property similar to your childhood living situation? no

Will you be here in 10 years? hopefully not

What is your ideal living situation? house in nicer area, with a bit more space

• House/Apt/Duplex/Other: house

Who lives there? The 3 of us and a couple of fur babies

How many bedrooms (who shares?): 3

Bathrooms: 1

"Special" rooms (sewing/sunroom): our 3rd bedroom is our music room

Perks of your property (chicken coop, GTL, lake nearby, large yard): there is a detached office in the back of the property which works out nicely since my husband works from home 

Is this property similar to your childhood living situation? Yes in that the house is similar in size and age

Will you be here in 10 years? No, we will be renting out this property and moving up to the Bay Area (we're in Southern California now) within the next6 mos. 

What is your ideal living situation? Living in the Bay Area 

• House/Apt/Duplex/Other: Duplex

Who lives there? DH and I, eventually LO, and our dog and cat

How many bedrooms (who shares?): 3 bedrooms.  No need for sharing

Bathrooms: lol 1.75 according to the housing office.  We have 2 toilets/sinks that have their own rooms and between the 2 rooms is a room for the bath.  So basically a Jack and Jill set up between the master bedroom and the hallway.

"Special" rooms (sewing/sunroom): We have a guest room/office that is also the cat's room (where his food and litter box are).  It's gated off so the dog doesn't get into it.

Perks of your property (chicken coop, GTL, lake nearby, large yard): 24/7 security? We live on an Air Force base so there isn't much in the way of a large yard or inground pool but the security is nice as well as the neighbors.

Is this property similar to your childhood living situation?  Nope.  I lived in a small house growing up.  I didn't have to share a room but there was no central air, which sucks in South Florida.

Will you be here in 10 years? I hope not! DH and I will move around every 3 years but there is a chance that we will be reassigned here.  It's not the most desirable base to be at.

What is your ideal living situation? DH and I already have our retirement spot.  We are going to live on the beach in Cocoa Beach, FL.  We are total beach bums.  We lived there for a couple weeks before we moved out to Texas and it was so amazing.

• How many bedrooms? 2 since it's just DH and me until October we are in the process of turning the guest room into the nursery.

Bathrooms: 1

"Special" rooms sewing/sunroom We have a 3rd nonconforming bedroom in the basement that is my craft room! And I get to keep it that way even when LO is born.

Perks of your property? We have a wood burning fireplace that really helps with our heating bills. The one thing I was really excited about when we moved in was the garage but I hardly park my car in there unless the weather is bad.

Is this property similar to your childhood living situation? Not really my family moved a round a few times but the house I remember the most was bigger and was on a little over an acre of land. Where I live now is in the middle of town.

Will you be here in 10 years? No our goal is to buy a house in the next year or so. DH and I have a deal that we can't start TTC for number 2 until we have a bigger house.

What is your ideal living situation? We love the area we live in we just need a bigger house and preferably a bigger yard. We currently live in the middle of a medium sized city.
    Photobucket Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 3/27/10
    TTC #1 Jan 2012 BFP#1 4/17/12~EDD 12/17/12 ~m/c at 6weeks 4/22/12 ~ Morgan Quinn
    BFP #2 2/25/13 EDD 10/31/13 DS born 10/23/13
  • image bookitup:

After our air conditioner broke at 3 p.m. on a Friday and we've been living with my mom over the weekend, I'm curious to hear about all of your living environments! Also, I'm really enjoying reading about all the chickens, lol. So....tell me about your housing! Feel free to pick and choose the questions you answer.

We're outside Lancaster, PA in a smallish 2bedroom, 1.5 bath.  It's a duplex house with two floors.  Our neighbors are hermits...in two years we almost never cross paths with each other.  Our cars are parked RIGHT next to each other.  Kinda weird, but that's the best kind of neighbor! 

Now it's me, H and just-about-14-wo M :) We also have a 60lb female bulldog, 60lb male pit bull mix, 2 cats, male and female.  It's hectic here! :) We had another cat, our first, that was really sick and we had to euthanize him last February.  I still am sad and cry about him.

Right now, M's bedroom is for the changing station and playtime.  He sleeps in a bassinet in our room.  We have no immediate plans to move him.

I love the area we live (farms, horse and cow country) but I wish we had a single-family home with a yard...even if it were small.  We're surrounded on all sides by people.

Special rooms? I have a laundry closet with my w/d jammed in...does that count? haha

This house and property is much smaler than my childhood home (one of them).  We always had really large backyards to run around.

We will definitely not be in this house in ten years.  I really miss being near the beach. When we moved here I convinced myself that I didn't need the beach (I have always lived at least 20 minutes from the ocean).  I do miss the beach and plan on moving back toward it someday 

Wow, that turned into a story! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• image bookitup:

House/Apt/Duplex/Other:

Who lives there? For now, we have dh and I, my 21yo dd, my 16yo ds, and my 4mo ds and 2 cats.  Dd is moving into the dorms next month so that will free up some space

How many bedrooms (who shares?): 2.5 bedrooms: dh & I share one, ds2 has the other real bedroom, dd currently has the added on "half bedroom" over the small 3/4 car garage and ds1 will be moving from the basement into that room when dd moves into the dorms.  (the room is about 3sq feet larger than the size of a king size bed with a closet on the other side of the stairs)

Bathrooms: ONE

"Special" rooms (sewing/sunroom):none

Perks of your property (chicken coop, GTL, lake nearby, large yard):Dh bought it before we started dating and we have no mortgage.

Is this property similar to your childhood living situation? Only in the sense that my dad was US Navy and we lived in some small places growing up....and some large places too.

Will you be here in 10 years?  I am hoping to be out of this house in less than one year.

What is your ideal living situation? a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house at minimum with a functional kitchen, a dining room or eat-in-kitchen, and a livingroom.  This house has no dining area so we have the dining room furniture and a sofa and my rocker/glider in the only other room of the house.

I called our current garage a 3/4 car garage because it is too narrow to park a 4-wheeled vehicle in it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image bookitup:

bahaha I'm glad you were amused by my chickens antics. I was not. And I just have to say S and I lived with my parents for a bit, twice actially, it's not easy sharing space like that! 

House/Apt/Duplex/Other: 

House.  Ahem, wait, Farm. Yay!!

Who lives there? 

DH, myself, and the kiddos 

Bathrooms:

"Special" rooms (sewing/sunroom):

I have a sewing "room" but its not really a room. Maybe a nook? It's missing the 4th wall and opens up not the downstairs family room. We also have a huge playroom, which is amazing. Of course the kids aren't used to playing in it yet and still trash the house. But once I get this house all the way I want it I'm going to be the toy nazi and it will be amazing. Maybe lol. 

Oh! And we also have two family rooms. One is the tv room and one is just a sitting room. With no tv. I love it.  Oh!! And one bathroom is in our room and our closet is a walk in. I know that's pretty common these days, but I've never had it so it excites me lol

Huge yard, although most of it is engulfed in weeds ATM. Give us time. We have the barn with 2 horse stalls and a workshop area for DH. One stall holds the goats at night, and there's an attached dog area that holds them during the day until we get a new fence up. Then DH was able to make the coop in the barn. There's a pool and deck that we haven't gotten up and running yet. But it's there.  Oh, and we can't see the street from our house, and you can't see any neighbors just looking out the windows. You have to make an effort to see them. It's nice. Ad we have a small weeping willow tree, which I love. 

Not even close.  

I sure hope so! 

This. Except we haven't had time to make it exactly how we want it yet.  But my dreams are coming true :)

Oh, but I do wish we had one or two more bedrooms and attic storage or a cellar. But as it is we fit perfectly. 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• House/Apt/Duplex/Other: House

Who lives there? DH and I, baby E, a dog and cat

How many bedrooms (who shares?): With the finished basement there are 5 bedrooms! But it's a ranch-style house, so it's just stacked rather than a huge sprawling home, lol.

Bathrooms: 3

"Special" rooms (sewing/sunroom): We are using one upstairs bedroom as an office/sewing room.

Perks of your property (chicken coop, GTL, lake nearby, large yard): Huge yard, attached garage and cul-de-sac

Is this property similar to your childhood living situation? No, I grew up in the country. Town living is definitely different!

Will you be here in 10 years? Probably...I'd like to get a larger home with a different design. Right now our living/kitchen/dining are one great room, which makes the house feel smaller than it is.

What is your ideal living situation? I'd actually like to get out of town and have a more private area. But DH is from a larger town and even this town (30,000) is too small for him. I doubt we'll ever get to the country, but a girl can dream! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • image bookitup:

House/Apt/Duplex/Other: Ranch-syle house (we actually have two and have been trying to sell our first for almost 3 years! :(

Who lives there? Me, DH, & 3 noisy little boys

How many bedrooms (who shares?): 3 bedrooms: DH/mine, DS #1&2, and DS#3

Bathrooms: 1.5

"Special" rooms (sewing/sunroom): no special rooms, but we do have two great porches.  Plus our basement is not "finished" but it's totally useable space that is as big as our entire house and is currently serving as our storage area/playroom

Perks of your property (chicken coop, GTL, lake nearby, large yard):  chicken coop and kids club house both upcycled from random materials by my husband, lots of acreage, random wildlife constantly wandering through, awesometacular attached 2 car garage and detached 8-stall garage building thing.  Live half a mile down the road from my parents who are super cool, so I have free babysitting at my beck and call :) 

Is this property similar to your childhood living situation? pretty much

Will you be here in 10 years? probably unless something happens to my parents and we'd try to snag up their house-haha

What is your ideal living situation?  this minus the first house we still own :(

BabyFruit Ticker
  • House/Apt/Duplex/Other: Currently 2 BR apartment, but hopefully moving into a 3BR house soon (was supposed to be this week...now maybe next month? UGH)

Who lives there? DH, Me, DS

How many bedrooms (who shares?): DS has his own room

Bathrooms: 1 full, 1 half

"Special" rooms (sewing/sunroom): None, it's a small, British apartment

Perks of your property (chicken coop, GTL, lake nearby, large yard): Great location close to large park, brand new gym and swimming pool, town centre, great schools

Is this property similar to your childhood living situation? No.

Will you be here in 10 years? No, hopefully moving w/in the next 4-6 weeks max.

What is your ideal living situation? Ideally? 4+ BR, 3bath house with a garage and a nice yard, near to friends, good schools and able to walk to grocery/post office/swimming lessons. We are getting very close with the house we are moving to. It's a BR and bathroom short of what we want but there is possibility of addition to house later.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• image bookitup:
    nbsp;nbsp;After our air conditioner broke at 3 p.m. on a Friday and we've been living with my mom over the weekend, I'm curious to hear about all of your living environments! Also, I'm really enjoying reading about all the chickens, lol. So....tell me House/Apt/Duplex/Other: house on an acre. a bare acre but we just had it emptied of all the wood left behind and had it flattened or leveled or whatever it's called.

Who lives there? LO, DH and I.

How many bedrooms 3
    Bathrooms:2

"Special" rooms: spare room is sewing/gaming room.

Perks of your property: we only one neighbor and on the other 3 side is ag tangerines behind, grapes to the side and plums across the street.

Is this property similar to your childhood living situation? No, grew up in town.

Will you be here in 10 years?yup

What is your ideal living situation? Here with some upgrades and a pool. Maybe add another bedroom in a perfect world.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image bookitup:
    nbsp;nbsp;After our air conditioner broke at 3 p.m. on a Friday and we've been living with my mom over the weekend, I'm curious to hear about all of your living environments! Also, I'm really enjoying reading about all the chickens, lol. So....tell me about your housing! Feel free to pick and choose the questions you answer.

House/Apt/Duplex/Other:
    House
    Who lives there?
    Me, MH, LO, 2 dogs and 2 cats
    nbsp;How many bedrooms who shares?:
    3. MH and I share, LO has her room, and we have a guest room.
    Bathrooms:
    "Special" rooms sewing/sunroom:
    Man cave above the garage. MH finished it all himself with reclaimed fence wood and corrugated metal. Perks of your property chicken coop, GTL, lake nearby, large yard:
    Good sized yard, close to work, awesome neighbors on one side.
    pretty similar.
    nbsp;
    Nope. MH already wants to move and we just built this house 5 years ago.
    MK's house. We want land. nbsp;
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

imageimageimage