July 2012 Moms

reusable swim diapers

Can anyone tell me about reusable swim diapers?  Pros/cons?  Specific recommendations?  I didn't realize how many swim diapers we would be going through... it's getting ridiculous, so I'm looking for another option.  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2- 1/14/14, EDD 9/26/14, MC 2/19/14, D&C 2/21/14- so sad to say goodbye

BFP #3- 6/11/14, EDD 2/6/15- TWIN BOYS!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: reusable swim diapers

• A lot of public pools dont let you use disposable swim dipes. They don't contain poo well.

i like the iPlay or Charlie banana brand swim dipes 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    What just happened in my diaper?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • The pee is inevitable. I have Hunter wear his for the duration of swim time. Ironically neither boy has pooped in a swim diaper 
    What just happened in my diaper?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I love the iswim ones. They are a great fit and have held up really well.

Eta: I'm an idiot I think they're called iplay.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So do you have LO wear one and keep an extra on hand in case of poo?  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We've been using the iPlay, but she has grown out of it so we will start using a Charlie Banana.  I got both at Target.  Its around $10 and we've used them so many times.  They are easy to wash, and a little tight in the legs but I guess thats to be expected.  I love that we don't produce so much diaper waste or have to go through a million swim diapers.

The only con I can think of is remembering to bring a plastic bag or wet bag to bring the diaper home in.

photo rainbows_zpsb95a8e2b.jpgimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    **Its a Dragon Baby!**
    Cycle 15 Oct '11: 150iu Follistim + trigger + IUI + booster= BFP!!!

Beta #1 (15 DPIUI)-1249. Beta #2 (18 DPIUI)-3146. Beta #3 (22 DPIUI)- 11,039
    C-section birth, 7.18.2012

• I have a target one, not sure of the brand.  They are ok.  They are kind of hard to get off when wet.  She's never pooped in one luckily.
    My little buttercup has the sweetest smile.OMFG I cannot get a signature to work. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have a Charlie banana one and so far I like it a lot.  She hasn't had a BM while we've been at the pool yet, so it hasn't really been tested to that extreme yet... 

Just be sure you buy the one that matches their weight requirements,  because a friend of mine warned me that if they're 21lb and you think "I'll go with large cuz it says 23lbs and up and LO is close enoight for that..." But she said it was definitely not good, she learned from experience, so I took her advice.

Pregnancy Ticker

• iPlay user here. Does its job, holds up well, and costs around 10.
    little bee boy 7.2012
    baby bee girl coming 12.2014

• We use the reusable ones at home and the throw away ones in public. We have the charlie banana. Way worth is since we swim so much.

"They can never have yesterday"
  • image A&B September 17:
    So do you have LO wear one and keep an extra on hand in case of poo?  

This is what we do, but thankfully we haven't had poop in the pool yet.

photo rainbows_zpsb95a8e2b.jpgimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    **Its a Dragon Baby!**
    Cycle 15 Oct '11: 150iu Follistim + trigger + IUI + booster= BFP!!!

Beta #1 (15 DPIUI)-1249. Beta #2 (18 DPIUI)-3146. Beta #3 (22 DPIUI)- 11,039
    C-section birth, 7.18.2012

• Thanks!  I'm sold!  I'll be buying 2 next time I am at Target :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a couple that I have really liked, but this weekend we had our first BM in one and it was in the underwear style, that you pull up and pull down...it was a mess when I had to take it off him. Thank goodness this happened at the pool right next to our room and not all the down at the beach! So now my favorite is my bummis swimmi cloth diaper that has Velcro fasteners, I imagine that would be a much easier clean up! 
    image image image
  • I love the Bummis Swimmi.  We have two, but I've also used a delaminated PUL diaper or even just a PUL cover in place. 

My issue with the iPlay I've had in the past is the elastic waistband doesn't fit my skinny kids.  So the velcro waistband is a better fit for us.

My daughter pooped in her Bummis more than once and we were obtuse and didn't realize until we changed her after swimming. So they work.

And a wetbag is the best answer for the pool period. We use one for our suits and I should probably thrown a second one in for a poopy diaper. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image DeniseRN:

i like the iPlay or Charlie banana brand swim dipes 

We use the iPlay ones.  LO had an poop in our kiddie pool and  it did contain most of the poop.  I am pretty happy with them.  We have 2 of them which has worked out well for us.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards