February 2013 Moms
Options

water in bottle

When is it appropriate to give LO water in a bottle? DS is a hot baby as it is and if we go outside for just 10 or 15 minutes he is burning up. Obviously, he isnt in the sun but these temps are killing us. I need to take him outside a few times a day just to keep my sanity, but he is so sweaty and fire engine red I'd like to give him some water to cool him down. Is this appropriate or recommended yet at his age?!

Re: water in bottle

• Options
    I saw somewhere on here that once LO starts getting solids, there's no reason they can't have a few ounces of water if needed. I'd ask the pedi to make sure though.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    With the heat wave we just had last week, I was cursing with all the running around and dr appts for everyone. I brought an extra bottle with just water in it and let LO refresh when she looked like she was overheating. Most of it went dribbling down her face to her neck which I didn't mind. I also brought a wash cloth and was soaking it to place on the top of her head which she really enjoyed!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My pediatrician is very strict on no water before 6 months (it can throw off a baby's electrolytes that young) and very limited from 6 months to 1 year (no more than 1-2 oz a day before 12 months for any reason). I use water to practice using a sippy cup and don't ever put it in bottles.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagepenguingrrl:
    My pediatrician is very strict on no water before 6 months (it can throw off a baby's electrolytes that young) and very limited from 6 months to 1 year (no more than 1-2 oz a day before 12 months for any reason)..

Ditto this

photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options

imagepenguingrrl:
    My pediatrician is very strict on no water before 6 months (it can throw off a baby's electrolytes that young) and very limited from 6 months to 1 year (no more than 1-2 oz a day before 12 months for any reason)..

Ditto this

photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options
    My pedi says that it's okay at this point (5 months). I haven't yet...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"