August 2012 Moms
Options

constipation

My little guy hasn't gone in 4 days. He cries when he tries and I am stumped. Any advice? I have tried prunes already.

Re: constipation

• Options
    Juice, a warm bath and a rectal thermometer work too. Prunes do it for ds but it usually takes a day or two then its a huge blow out. Watch out!
  • Options
    Real oatmeal...like adult oats. I usually give them to Gio every two days for breakfast, just one serving (1/2 cup of oats, 1 cup of water, microwave for 2 minutes), and he usually poops later that day.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Peaches and pears have worked for O.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageSharona1700:
    Could he be dehydrated? It's been so hot here and there was a couple days last week when I didn't offer enough water and her poops were pelletlike and she seemed to be straining when trying to go.nbsp;nbsp;

This is what I have been worried about. I offer water all the time. I am stumped how to get him to drink more. He watermelon like a feen though!
  • Options
    amaiteamaite member
    imagehardewbr:
    imageSharona1700:
    Could he be dehydrated? It's been so hot here and there was a couple days last week when I didn't offer enough water and her poops were pelletlike and she seemed to be straining when trying to go.nbsp;nbsp;

This is what I have been worried about. I offer water all the time. I am stumped how to get him to drink more. He watermelon like a feen though!

I'm not sure, but I've always heard that watermelon is a diuretic and can actually dehydrate.
  • Options
    Did he start WCM already?  When my ODS started it, he got really constipated.  Had to switch him to soy.

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    pear juice =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"