February 2013 Moms

Vent thread!

Ok so here is my vent. Entertaining, feeding, taking care of, and staying on top of teaching four kids can be hard. Keeping the house clean is something I am always doing. Picking up this and that constantly. Even when I have the kids help, it just feels never ending.  With the kids home from school all summer it makes life more work, fun but sometimes I am a little fried.  We do chores, we read, we do this or that craft, we go to the pool, we run through sprinkler, go to the library, do a little home work, do something. I try to do fun things, and make summer a good time for all. We have our down time too, but a lot of work with four kids, not going to lie. Even when it is down time I am stir crazy! My husband is a doctor in residency, and he is studying for a board exam that is coming up. He studies a lot! he is very helpful too, but he has to study sometime so it is not like a job where he gets to come home and be done. He worked all this weekend, and is working all next weekend. Add to that he is going out of town for a week in Aug, and already went out of town a few weeks ago, and will go out again in October. He will be really busy till boards in October. I know I am really blessed, and I shouldn't complain, but I am just getting burned out, and needed to vent for a minute!

Phew... if you want to vent feel free to use my thread :)

Mom to 4 cute kids! 9 yo girl 7 yo boy 5 yo boy and new baby boy!

Re: Vent thread!

• Wow what a strong woman you must be! I wouldn't have the energy that's for sure. Sounds like you have it all under control, but I'm thinking a "day off" for yourself is what you really need!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can imagine that being married to a doctor is tough sometimes. I'm a nurse, so I see the crazy hours they have to work and be available. I would not deal with that very well! It sounds like you're doing a good job taking care of things.
    My vent is that DD has been taking really crappy naps the past couple of days. She won't sleep very long when we put her down, but she doesn't want to snuggle either. I just tried cuddling her on the couch to see if she'd fall asleep, and all she did was move around and whine [because she's tired!]. So I put her down again, but even if she falls asleep we have to wake her up in half an hour to be somewhere by 7. I hate bad nap days.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 :)
    BFP #2 on 1/3/14, EDD 9/13/14- Team Blue! 

• SagenSagen
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Thank you both! I hate bad nap days too, very frustrating.

• khazekhaze
    Third Anniversary 100 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper
    image starting all over again:
    Sounds like you have it all under control, but I'm thinking a "day off" for yourself is what you really need!

This! Hire a sitter and go get lunch and pedicures with a friend!

photo familyphoto.jpg
    Declan John
    Born 2/21/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• No vent to share, just wanted to give Sagen major props! I agree with PP - you sound like Supermom to me. You deserve a little break for yourself!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• That sounds very tough! You sound like a terrific mother. 

My vent is I am blessed to be a sahm now but dh doesn't do a thing to help out anymore. I went to church with the kids this morning. Then we spent the day at my parents. Dh had the entire day to himself. I came home and cook supper, cleaned, got the kids bathed as well as myself. He couldn't hold our crying dd long enough for me to get dressed and stuff her diapers for the night! I wanted to punch him. 

Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Wow, I wanted to give you props for keeping structure yo the day.  

My vent... I work pt, but usually 4 days a week.  I was off fri, sat, and sun this week.  Neither child napped Friday or Sunday, and only dd did on Saturday, but then stayed up 2 hours after bedtime.  Then I couldn't fall asleep until 1 last night, I get up at 5, so I am starting my work week off drained. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks
  • SagenSagen
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    I feel so far from supermom it is crazy. I keep them busy so they don't fight every second ;) Ok so maybe not every second haha! It is hard to figure out the distribution of work when one person stays at home. You should talk to your DH about pitching in more,  you need a break too!