Baby Showers

Stupid invite.

We just received an invite addressed to DS for a cousins birthday party. On the inside is a hand written note for me and DH that say we are also welcome to attend....

Omgosh thank you so much. I was TOTES just going to let my 2 month old borrow my car!

::massive eye roll::

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

July13 siggy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Stupid invite.

• Gave me and my DH a laugh.. Lol.
  • Or like you were just going to drop him off for the duration of the party and pick him up at the end.
    Miracle Twins after 2 years TTC thanks to IVF! 10*18*06
    Lilypie - (6EmG)

• image MrsLee04:
    Or like you were just going to drop him off for the duration of the party and pick him up at the end.

This.

I have an 8 year old, and that's pretty normal. They just mean you are either welcome to stay or to just drop off.
  • It's funny from the perspective that of course you're not going to drop off your 2 month old.

But past that - I don't know that this is really "massive eye roll" worthy.  Sounds like they are overthinking things and are being too thourough.  But of all "invite horrors", this really doesn't rank.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• sounds to me like they were just trying to be funny and missed the mark.

20140101-155648.jpg dori

TTC #1 since Feb 2012
    CD3 b/w = all good!
    HSG = right tube blocked, uterine obstruction
    DH SA = fantastic!

BFP 3/14/2013, EDD 11/25/2013, born 12/5/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image EastCoastBride:

It's funny from the perspective that of course you're not going to drop off your 2 month old.

But past that - I don't know that this is really "massive eye roll" worthy.  Sounds like they are overthinking things and are being too thourough.  But of all "invite horrors", this really doesn't rank.

Agreed. I didn't think it was too big of a deal, kind of thought it was cute actually.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickersView Full Size Image

• jencnhjencnh
    100 Comments 25 Love Its First Anniversary

image rbtrumpet:
    sounds to me like they were just trying to be funny and missed the mark.

Agreed, they're just trying make it "cute" being that it's a kids party. I wouldn't feel bothered by it. They probably thought you'd think it was cute that your baby was getting their own mail...maybe their first! :)

• image Jesslauren310:
    image MrsLee04:
    Or like you were just going to drop him off for the duration of the party and pick him up at the end.
    This. I have an 8 year old, and that's pretty normal. They just mean you are either welcome to stay or to just drop off.

I was being sarcastic.  Her child is a 2 month old baby (i.e. not drop-off age).

Miracle Twins after 2 years TTC thanks to IVF! 10*18*06
    Lilypie - (6EmG)

• image jencnh:

image rbtrumpet:
    sounds to me like they were just trying to be funny and missed the mark.

Agreed, they're just trying make it "cute" being that it's a kids party. I wouldn't feel bothered by it. They probably thought you'd think it was cute that your baby was getting their own mail...maybe their first! :)

This. Get a sense of humor.

imageimage

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • image chattychiqa:
    image EastCoastBride:
    It's funny from the perspective that of course you're not going to drop off your 2 month old.But past that I don't know that this is really "massive eye roll" worthy.nbsp; Sounds like they are overthinking things and are being too thourough.nbsp; But of all "invite horrors", this really doesn't rank.

I rather liked the visual of sticking them with a 2 month old at a party and taking off.[/quote
    Totally.

(No offense meant to any Jewish person, or American Indian, or ugly slut.)
           image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • I think these things are kind of dumb, too. My SIL writes all thank yous and cards as if her 4 month old was writing them. 

"I'll ask my mommy if I can wear the beautiful bracelet you got me."

No you won't; you're 4 months old.  

June '14 siggy challenge - Summer Heat
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Check out the June Moms blog!
  • image lisarene77:
    image chattychiqa:
    image EastCoastBride:
    It's funny from the perspective that of course you're not going to drop off your 2 month old.But past that I don't know that this is really "massive eye roll" worthy.nbsp; Sounds like they are overthinking things and are being too thourough.nbsp; But of all "invite horrors", this really doesn't rank.
    I rather liked the visual of sticking them with a 2 month old at a party and taking off.
    Totally.

hahaha - I wanna see the hostess' face when you drop of a 2 month old and just take off!

20140101-155648.jpg dori

TTC #1 since Feb 2012
    CD3 b/w = all good!
    HSG = right tube blocked, uterine obstruction
    DH SA = fantastic!

BFP 3/14/2013, EDD 11/25/2013, born 12/5/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lol!
    Hannah Evelyn 8.19.13