Pregnant after a Loss

Please help and intro

Hello everyone, I have a lot of confusion and questions and I would love any help or encouragement. Here's a little of my history. I have had two repeat MC's, one at just shy of 5 weeks, the other a little over 6 weeks. I'm pregnant again, I should be a little over 6 weeks now, because my LMP was June 6th, but my cycle is a little longer, about 31 days so I ovulate a few days later in my cycle. I had sex on the 19th, 21st and 24th of June. 

I took 2 pregnancy tests on July 3rd and had two barely there squinters. I went in that day for a blood test that came back "not pregnant". I took another test on the 4th of July and got a darker, but still light line. The 5th of July I got a positive POAS that my husband could clearly read but a negative digital. Ugh. Called the doctors and demanded another blood test. It came back positive that I was pregnant! My HCG on July 5th was 20, so it was very early. 

I went back on the 8th and my HCG was 67

On the 15th my HCG was 387

The low numbers concerned me a bit, mixed with my symptoms changing basically daily, but I wasn't cramping and my numbers were increasing so I tried to stay positive.

Last night I wiped and it was pink. Light pink, but spotting. I didn't have any cramps but I made my hubby drive me to the ER to get checked out. After the pink wipe I was getting a tiny tiny amount of brown blood.

Here's what the drs told me:

My cervix was dark and closed. No infections. HCG was at 1408 so still increasing. But the ultrasound didn't show anything. They said I must be really early, but from my estimates I would have to be at least a little over 5 weeks pregnant, I mean, I've known I'm pregnant for 2 1/2 weeks already, there's only so much time we are working with... I'm very concerned they couldn't see anything at all on the ultrasound, and they called it a "threatened miscarriage". Has this happened to anyone? Low levels but steady or a no show ultrasound at 5 1/2 weeks? My levels are low but increasing. I'm concerned but doing my best to stay calm. Please, any stories or even questions to ask my doctor tomorrow would be a huge help. 

Oh, one more thing, I am A- and because I'm spotting I need to get the Rogam shot. I haven't had to do it during pregnancy before and that worries me a little. 

Thanks for the help, sorry this was so long! 

Re: Please help and intro

• Congrats about this pregnancy and sorry about your losses.

Have your doc check your progesterone levels. Lots of reasons for the possible bleeding besides miscarriage. Like low progesterone, sch, low laying placenta, or irritated cervix. I had all kinds of bleeding before my positive test until 11 weeks due to low placenta rubbing against my cervix. I had extremely low progesterone my last pregnancy that ended in miscarriage.

As far as I know, it will always be written up as threatened abortion, miscarriage, if you have bleeding. Hard to see but I believe used for insurance coding. I don't want to give you false hope because bleeding can mean a threatened miscarriage but it is typical to write it that way. My RE did that every time I went for an us and complained about bleeding.

I'm o neg and had the rhogam shot after my miscarriage and I requested one this pregnancy due to it being unexplained bleeding until doc identified the low placenta at my 11w us. For my miscarriage, they gave me the shot in my upper thigh and this time in my butt. I have no fear of needles, after 3 Ivf cycles, tons and tons of blood draws, and giving myself progesterone shots in my butt for 7 weeks, the rhogam shot was nothing. So I hope it is just as easy for you.

I hope all goes well and your doc appointment goes great.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri
    9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 
    10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 
    12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 
    1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!

1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this -- it's sounds really stressful!   I have no experience or advice, but want to tell you that my fingers are crossed for a healthy pregnancy!  GL!
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm on 100 mg progesterone and my last progesterone count was 20. 

• I went in for an early u/s at 6 weeks. There was a gestational sac and that was it. A week later we saw Baby Snoopy with a good heartbeat. Sometimes the baby implants late. Also, if you have a tilted uterus that can cause issues with seeing things as well. T&P headed your way!
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 3/5/13  EDD:  11/14/13  C/P 3/14/13
    BFP #2: 5/15/13 EDD: 1/22/14   Adam born 12/21/13

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards