Trying to Get Pregnant

Thank You and Good Luck

Thank you to those who took the time to respond to my charting questions. I genuinely appreciate all the help. I wanted to drop a note before I'm off to hopefully help someone.

I'm in my 30s and every month for years, I've spotted before my period: 1 to 3 days of dark brown and deep red blood, and I worried something might be wrong. This was the first month I didn't spot so I thought something might be up. I also have a tilted uterus, so I worried that this might impact fertilization.

I was diagnosed with anti thrombin III during my prepregnancy exam, which is a genetic blood clotting disorder. I'm automatically a highrisk pregnancy because of that and there's a higher rate of m/c.

Hence, while excited to see the positives on 3 HPTs, I am cautiously optimistic. I figure all is in God's hands now. I've done my part and outside of being healthy, there's nothing more I can do.

Also: I would like to note not once did I "feel pregnant." There was no magical feeling in my stomach and I didn't have little fairies whispering in my ear, "you're a mommy!" None of that. Honestly, my boobs just hurt an awful lot and beginning 2 days before my period was due, I felt queasy. I thought I'd have this magical earth mother feeling, but honestly, I just kinda feel like crap. Oh, normally I love meat and chocolate. I want neither right now. I've been like that for the last week. All I want is pasta and bread. That could be completely unrelated to pregnancy but its what I noticed.

With that said, here are the details:

What we did: BDd once a day for 8 days during my fertile period. I charted. I sometimes spot a little when I'm ovulating: just a pinkred tinge when I wipe so when I saw that, I told DH its go time. After he finished, I'd orgasm and then lift my legs up and lay like that for 10 minutes.

Testing: I started testing 4 days before my period due date. Nothing until the day before and then it was a very faint line. I showed three girlfriends who all have kids: two said yes, definitely positive; third, an MD, said no, that's negative. The MD and I went to rite aid and bought the expensive digital test and I tested with her that afternoon. Keep in mind, this is during a heat wave and I've been drinking tons of water and iced decaf coffee. It came back negative. I was super bummed but she said wait until tomorrow when you're actually due to test and test in the morning. BFP on both First Response analog, aka 2 lines, and digital, aka yes, at 6am on expected period due date. According to my chart, positive at 13 dpo.

Oh, with charting, on 7dpo, my temp dropped 4 degrees. The next day it went up and it's been climbing steadily. I had a triphasic chart. When I woke up on the day of my period due date and temp was up, I knew I was sick or pregnant.

How I told Husband: We were in Philly visiting my bff and staying in a hotel. I woke him up at 6am by yelling from our hotel room bathroom, "get up! Come look at this!" I showed him the positive line and he looked from the hpt to the glass of pee sitting on the counter and said, "gross! Is that your pee?!?" Then I smacked him and said, "I just told you I'm having your baby and all you can say is ew, is that your pee?!" Haha perfect reaction.

The mushy stuff: I have learned so much reading all the posts. I was touched by the compassion demonstrated to the ladies posting. We are all sisters here with the same goal. Thank you to all who took the time to answer my questions. Thank you for letting me learn from you and your experiences. Thank you, too, to the sisters who opened up and shared their experiences especially the painful ones, which can be difficult to discuss for the benefit of others. I wish all of you well. God willing, this child grows and develops inside of me for the next nine months; if not, I know there is a community who will welcome me back and show me kindness and understanding once again.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thank You and Good Luck

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"