December 2013 Moms

Am I the only one NOT registering?

Mobile title: Am I the only one NOT registering?

I mean, I never got the point to it, given with DD we hadn't planned on having a shower or anything at all, and now with this LO coming, we've got a lot of the things already, and it's just....am I completely missing a point on something, since I'm seeing that come up today and really don't wanna derail another topic by stating my confusion about it...

Re: Am I the only one NOT registering?

• Some STM make personal registries as a "to-buy" list. A lot of stores offer a completion discount, for after showers/baby. The coupons can be worth it, as well as the organization of what you like/need/want.
    ******************************************************************************************************************************
    TTC #1 10/12, BFP 4/16/13, EDD 12/22/13, DD arrived 12/30/13

Dec13 Siggy: google image search
    Blogness <-- I should update moar
  • LP0198LP0198
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    I don't plan on registering for this lo because I pretty much have everything from DS. I'm not having a shower [maybe a sprinkle with just very close friends and family] so there would be no point in registering for the couple things I need.

image image

"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

image image

• For us mobile bumping...we can't see the title of your post.
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • There are a lot of reasons to make one.  Many people DO have showers and it's helpful for the attendees to know what has already been purchased and what the expecting couple needs/wants.  It's also helpful for organizational purposes, so you can keep track of what you need and what you've already purchased.  Also, a lot of stores offer completion coupons that you can use toward the purchase of items on your registry.  I never turn down a good coupon.   This is my third child and I'm not having a shower or sprinkle, but I'm still registering for the other reasons stated.

• image reenielynn:
    Some STM make personal registries as a "to-buy" list. A lot of stores offer a completion discount, for after showers/baby. The coupons can be worth it, as well as the organization of what you like/need/want.

^This. I only made one for the completion coupon and to have kind of a check list for the few things i need this time. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• image Marchmellow2:
    For us mobile bumping...we can't see the title of your post.

Oh, sorry about that. Title is "Am I the only one NOT registering?"

image reenielynn:
    Some STM make personal registries as a "to-buy" list. A lot of stores offer a completion discount, for after showers/baby. The coupons can be worth it, as well as the organization of what you like/need/want.

I did not know this at all, the discount/coupon thing. I might actually have to peek at this now.

• image reenielynn:

This is actually the only reason i'm doing a registry. I need a "to-buy list"..bonus if there's coupons involved :)

December '13 April Siggy Challenge: google your bump name
    View Full Size Image

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Nope. I am a FTM and my H and I are not registering either. We were planning on buying everything we need ourselves. My mom offered to help with a couple key items, and LOTS of baby clothes, but we were not going to request that anyone make purchases for us. My mom is super excited since this is her first grandchild. I don't know, I just feel awkward with telling everyone what I want and expecting them to contribute. To each their own!
    Me: 28 DH: 33 TTC since February 2012, married September 2012 DX with Hypothalamic Amenorrhea 2/2013, HSG clear, Bloodwork good, SA great! Started seeing RE February 2013
      imageimageimage
  • I only plan to register if someone offers to throw me a shower.
  • I've got a 3 yr old and I'm still registering. Most of DD's stuff has been donated (there was a super high risk triplet birth in the family a few months after DD and they really needed the stuff), or has broken (I tripped and fell on the crib about a year ago, go me) or expired (car seat).

I'm not exactly expecting anyone to buy any of it (though if anyone asks, I'll give them the info. That's just how my family and friends are. 2nd showers are common here, and my friend has insisted upon throwing one since she missed the last one)

But I'm definitely excited for that completion coupon at the end for the last minute big-ticket items that we are going to need!!
    m/c 06.13.2009
    Isabelle Born via emergency c-section after her heart stopped 04.29.10

BFP 04.01.13
    First Ultrasound 05.08.13
    1st Tri Screen: 06.05.13 (low PAPP-A, missing nose plate, high risk for placental issues, intermediate T-21 risk)
    Ultrasound 06.19.13 (complete placenta previa)
    Early GD Screen and AFP 07.18.13: Both normal
    Anatomy Scan 07.30.13 - Previa GONE, no more T-21 markers, Healthy baby BOY.
    EDD 12.16.13, if all goes well, baby will be arriving early December via RCS

imageimageimage

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_ladybug&T=t_b5&D=20100429&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Isabelle&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

August Challenge: Funny Baby Pictures
    (My DD Isabelle when she was a baby. Cracks me up every time I see the photo.)

• KateMWKateMW
    25000 Comments 250 Answers Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    I have a registry so I know what I want to buy and when my mom goes crazy, she'll have some guidance. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image Whitterpow:
    I only plan to register if someone offers to throw me a shower.

We weren't planning to register either, but our friends and family are throwing two separate ones (first baby in 12 years for us).  The friends organizer suggested/requested that we do so.  We've bought almost all the big items already, so it's going to be loaded with white onesies, bottles, etc.  And since one of the showers is before the baby comes and we're not finding out the sex, I imagine it'll see quite a bit of action.

Our family: Two big people, three kids.  One cat.

April siggy challenge--oddest image from googling your sn--thanks for this one; @northport6!

• image GeauxM&V:
    Nope. I am a FTM and my H and I are not registering either. We were planning on buying everything we need ourselves. My mom offered to help with a couple key items, and LOTS of baby clothes, but we were not going to request that anyone make purchases for us. My mom is super excited since this is her first grandchild. I don't know, I just feel awkward with telling everyone what I want and expecting them to contribute. To each their own!

This... We won't register either and plan to buy our own things. I know people will get us little gifts here and there, which is very generous. But after our bridal shower, wedding, housewarming, etc. I just feel people have given us so much over the years. I couldn't ask for anything else.

• I'm not. This is baby number 4 for us but even with our first I didn't. We had a shower with our first but no registry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This is my THIRD pregnancy and I have been pressured to register by many close friends and family. I was hesitant because I did not want it to seem like I EXPECTED people to buy things for us! But after a lot of discussion, I have decided I will register for the following reasons:
    A lot of people I know, including me, love to buy gifts for little babies! Even if there is no "shower" or "sprinkle" you will be getting stuff from all over yhe place: friends, coworkers, family, etc. If you have a registry, you have the opportunity to give them SOME guidance/ideas about what you need/want. If you do not have a registry it will probably lead to receiving way too many common baby items like onsies, receiving blankets, lotion, etc! I now look at registering as looking out for people that choose to buy a gift. This way they do not waste their money buying stuff that you will never use. If they choose not to go by the registry, that is fine too, but having one will DEFINITELY cut down on getting lots of duplicates!
  • Nope not the only one. It makes me feel uncomfortable. If people want to give us gifts, I'll be thrilled and touched, but just can't make a list I would show anyone.
  • I feel bad for registering. My hubby makes more money than anyone in the family so I have a hard time asking for gifts. I shared this concern with my mom and she understood but just said that people will WANT to give us things regardless so we should register anyway. So we have purchased everything that is significantly more expensive and I've tried very hard to keep the costs of most items down that are on our registry. Never do I want to come across as a greedy FTM but want to allow for people, mainly family, to participate in our little ones important supplies/clothes/etc. Registring has been a struggle for me though, hard to know what to ask for as a FTM and not having my mom or sisterinlaws in the same state to help!
  • image cherylnicole:

image reenielynn:

This is actually the only reason i'm doing a registry. I need a "to-buy list"..bonus if there's coupons involved :)

Same deal here :]
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • image Meynara:

Mobile title: Am I the only one NOT registering?

I mean, I never got the point to it, given with DD we hadn't planned on having a shower or anything at all, and now with this LO coming, we've got a lot of the things already, and it's just....am I completely missing a point on something, since I'm seeing that come up today and really don't wanna derail another topic by stating my confusion about it...

I do it for the discount after I give birth. They send you a coupon for a certain percentage off the remaining items on your list.  

Roxanne Mother of two, soon to be three! BabyFetus Ticker
    image < br > Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers < br > Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I create a registry with every kid. I just put diapers and wipes on there (and any other random stuff we might need). I don't tell anybody about it, but it's nice to get the coupons/gc that come when you do it. And the completion discount helps with stuff after baby is here.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers