May 2013 Moms

8 week growth spurt?

I'm exhausted. I work overnight, and haven't slept in two days. LO refuse to sleep, and had been eating non stop. I'm so tired I put her in the carrier for fear of dropping her. I didn't know this even exists. I was thinking we'd just coast until the three month one.

Ladybug 5/23/13

Re: 8 week growth spurt?

• I was about to ask this question because I didn't know there was an 8 week growth spurt either, but the last 3 nights have been hell he sleeps for an hour at a time so I'm probably getting 30 minutes at a time. I can hardly focus when he wakes up again. He fusses all day and won't nap unless we are holding him. I am exhausted I'm hoping this passes soon and that it was just a growth spurt. I'm hoping to hear what others say about this and that's it's completely normal.
  • Same here! LO was 8 weeks on Friday. Eating, sleeping, eating, tired fussing, eating... Glad we are not alone :::mobile smiley:::
  • image Shantxtell:
    Another poster recommended an app called Wonder Weeks, it says that at 8 weeks they go through a develoment leap. Supposed to be a rough 2 weeks!

I got this app awhile back from another post recommendation. It's interesting because it calculates from due date, so even though my LO will be 8 weeks Tuesday, it has let me know he's coming out of that second leap. yay yay and another yay. I think the range to watch out for is 7.5 to 9.5 weeks, but it definitely doesn't last 2 weeks op.

• kmcd23kmcd23
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Combo Breaker
    image Shantxtell:
    Another poster recommended an app called Wonder Weeks, it says that at 8 weeks they go through a develoment leap. Supposed to be a rough 2 weeks!

I'm hoping this is what's going on!
  • Thank goodness I'm not the only one. K has her first shots Thursday and I'm worried they'll make it worse. I'm actually kinda happy to be at work right now

Ladybug 5/23/13

• I didn't think there was an 8 week one either. But the last three days have been wicked. No naps, cranky, and eating all day. Though LO is 9 weeks now.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image Shantxtell:
    image nonniedee:
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one. K has her first shots Thursday and I'm worried they'll make it worse. I'm actually kinda happy to be at work right now

Aw Violet too!

I'll check in and see how she's doing. FX they take it well.

Ladybug 5/23/13

• sct728sct728
    250 Love Its 500 Comments Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    image Shantxtell:
    image nonniedee:
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one. K has her first shots Thursday and I'm worried they'll make it worse. I'm actually kinda happy to be at work right now

Aw Violet too!

Thursday is a popular shot day! My LO gets her shots too. I'm so nervous! Hope it is quick and easy for all of us!
    LO #1 Born May 21, 2013
    LO #2 Due April 25, 2015

• image sct728:
    image Shantxtell:
    image nonniedee:

Aw Violet too!

Thursday is a popular shot day! My LO gets her shots too. I'm so nervous! Hope it is quick and easy for all of us!

Thursday is Jacks shot day as well. Good to know there will be others to commiserate with! I'm very anxious about them ::mobile sad face::