Trouble TTC

Gonal F side effects

So I did my first stim last night and had a couple of Mai tais, (I normally have another) probably not the best and I will no longer have any alcohol while going through this and of course if pg.  I woke up last night at 2 am (I was sleeping by 10pm) with the worst cramps of my life and pain in the lower left abdomen had me crying, had D and puked and headache and it sucked so bad.  Used a heating pad and Tylenol and just a headache now.  I feel so stupid.  DH was better than he normally is when I'm sick, more attentive.
Twin girls Isla and Fiona born on 1/11/2014 @ 25w. Isla passed away 5 days later, she will forever be in my heart, missing her always. Fiona is kicking ass and my hero!

Re: Gonal F side effects

• I never had any side effects from Gonal F aside from slight tenderness and sore from growing follies.  If you had that kind of reaction from one day of stims alcohol or not, I'd call your doctor because that doesn't sound normal at all.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Oh Dear! I hope it was just the mixture or flu and not a problem with the meds!
    First comes Love Nov 11,  2003, Then Marriage: Aug. 23, 2006. Baby??? TTC since May 2010. Started seeking additional medical intervention (again) Summer 2013, finally appointment is booked!
    Formerly buttercupaug 06 - and I was almost silver :(
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL/PAL ALL WELCOME!
    Aug 16, 2013 - SA done - All good strong numbers
    Apr 3, 2014 - Consult with OBGYN to get my testing started.
    Mar 6, 2014 - Surprise BFP!!!! EDD Nov 9th. Consult with OBGYN changed to prenatal meet and greet!
    May 2, 2014 - NT scan perfect! Can't wait to find out what team we're on. 

June 11, 2014 - it's official, we're TEAM PINK!!!
    imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies I feel fine now except nauseous and tired.  If it happens again will call Doc.
    Twin girls Isla and Fiona born on 1/11/2014 @ 25w. Isla passed away 5 days later, she will forever be in my heart, missing her always. Fiona is kicking ass and my hero!
  • I actually had a near syncopal episode at work the day after starting GonalF and ended up in the ED for it.  RE and cardiology said they did not think it was related, but interestingly the PA who was my attending in the ED said that occasionally she will see a patient in the ED the day of/after starting GonalF with seemingly unrelated symptoms, but that it happens often enough that it raises red flags for her.
    Married: 7/2/11 TTC: 12/2011
    Me: 31, PCOS DH: 37, low morph and low counts

4 medicated TI, 1 IUI+Femara, 1 IUI+GonalF = BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron/GonalF (Dec 2012)= 30R, 21M, 21F with ICSI, 18 HIP frosties!!!
    FET in August 2013 

http://i45.tinypic.com/21pym9.jpg

• image MrsSJE2011:
    I actually had a near syncopal episode at work the day after starting GonalF and ended up in the ED for it.  RE and cardiology said they did not think it was related, but interestingly the PA who was my attending in the ED said that occasionally she will see a patient in the ED the day of/after starting GonalF with seemingly unrelated symptoms, but that it happens often enough that it raises red flags for her.

glad you are ok, that sounds scary! I just watched a video online that said t prime the pen but I did not have that as part of my instruction sheet.  I wonder if that was it?  I'll be doing that next pen. 

• image MaiTaiBeth:

glad you are ok, that sounds scary! I just watched a video online that said t prime the pen but I did not have that as part of my instruction sheet.  I wonder if that was it?  I'll be doing that next pen. 

That sounds scary - glad you are feeling better now! I had the typical bloating and gross feeling from Gonal F, but nothing too bad.

FWIW-  I didn't prime the pens either.

TTC since January 2011
    B/W & S/A:  All normal
    Lap & Hysteroscopy: Blocked/damaged tubes. Bilateral Salpingectomy 7/12/13.
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 & #2 = BFN
    FET #3 = Chemical
    FET #4 (March '14) = BFP!!!
    It's TWINS! EDD = 11/23/14
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! I was actually more embarrassed than scared.  When you work in the medical field and end up in the ER it is kind of a "pie in the face" moment!

My RN actually told me not to prime the pen, that you do not need to do it and by skipping it, it will add to the "extra" that is in the pen at the end.

Married: 7/2/11 TTC: 12/2011
    Me: 31, PCOS DH: 37, low morph and low counts

4 medicated TI, 1 IUI+Femara, 1 IUI+GonalF = BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron/GonalF (Dec 2012)= 30R, 21M, 21F with ICSI, 18 HIP frosties!!!
    FET in August 2013 

http://i45.tinypic.com/21pym9.jpg