October 2013 Moms

Vaginal discomfort

Ive never had a yeast infection so I'm not sure what this is but all day I've been irritated down there, itch, kind of like a burning sensation and just irritated when I go to the bathroom. I don't have a crazy increase in discharge. Is this normal in 3rd tri?

At what point is it worth a call to the ob? I dont want any type of infection that could mess with the pregnancy.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Vaginal discomfort

• It could be the beginning of a yeast infection I would call and make an appointment especially with itching. If it is a YI u definitely don't want it to get any worse.
  • Mae208Mae208 member
    It sounds like the beginning of a yeast infection. I would recommend getting some acidophilus in the morning and take 1 per day until you feel normal again. I get chronic yeast infections during pregnancy and this is the ONLY thing that keeps me from getting them full blown and needing monistat. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMae208:
    It sounds like the beginning of a yeast infection. I would recommend getting some acidophilus in the morning and take 1 per day until you feel normal again. I get chronic yeast infections during pregnancy and this is the ONLY thing that keeps me from getting them full blown and needing monistat. Good luck!

Is that over the counter? As its the weekend I wouldn't be able to see my doctor and get a px until Monday. I hate complications over the weekend ...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel your pain. Last Saturday I could tell I was getting one...I didn't get tell tale discharge until yesterday. I had a prescription refill for fluconazole thankfully...it's the only thing that will get rid of mine. It's class C though, but we're in 3rd tri and its one dose, so worst case you can get that filled Monday. Eat some yogurt as well. I really should be eating it every day because its a natural preventative measure.

• I just got over one myself, it sucks! Luckily I was due for my monthly checkup. I really didn't think I had one since I didn't see anything abnormal down there but sure enough it was. Def make an appointment for your peace of mind. My doctor said she couldn't prescribe me the pill and had me do the 3 day vaginal medication... Since its the weekend I would go to the drugstore for at least the cream to apply to relieve itching.. Good luck hope you feel better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"