March 2013 Moms
Options

what I hate the most about BF...

Ok... There's more than one thing I don't like... But I Hate when I get a clogged duct! I've never had mastitis, but if I ever get a clog I instantly feel sick.... Headache, chills, achey ugh!!! It was in one spot yesterday and a different spot today!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

Re: what I hate the most about BF...

• Options

I have been lucky to not have any clogged ducts or mastitis so the thing I hate most is how freaking hungry I am. All. The. Time. It is worse than when I was pregnant! 

Good luck with your clogged duct. Hope it clears out fast. 

• Options
    I had lots of clogged ducts with my first children.  Try to keep massaging it (which hurts worse, I know), and if you are overfull from LO eating less (nursing strike, decreased appetite, etc.), express some milk by hand.  I hope you feel better soon.
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was having this problem, I think due to baby sleeping through the night (lucky I know) and the milk supply backing up during this sleep time. I ended up with mastitis and it was horrible. I started setting my alarm for 12:30, and now I wake up and pump every night. I still get a good amount of sleep, but no more issues with clogged ducts. Plus I have a very nice back up supply of milk for those days baby is extra hungry or I'm away longer then expected, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"