July 2013 Moms

DS won't sleep!

Someone, anyone, HELP ME!!! DS is refusing to sleep! He has slept around 3 hours, since TEN AM! I just feel so bad because I know he has to be worn out and we have a busy day tomorrow with 2 family parties. ::one on DHs side and one on mine:: I know if it comes to it we will have to cancel but why is he so awake today? Normally he sleeps for about an hour and a half to two hours at a time during the day.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

July13 siggy

Re: DS won't sleep!

• Have you tried doing some skin to skin time? That usually does the trick for Muppet when I know he's tired. I get a blanket and settle on the couch with him laying on him stomach on my chest and cover us both with the blanket.

Between being warm and snuggled in and his ear close to my heart, he settles down and conks out.

Edit: Added words. I wasn't done, TB! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

BFP #1 12/7/2011 EDD 8/21/2012 Delivered at 15 weeks 2/27/2012
    "I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
    BFP#2 10/19/2012 EDD 6/30/2013 Muppet delivered 6/28/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

My Blog: Dancing My Way Through Life, Loss, and Books

Everyone is welcome in my posts.

• No but I will! Gosh I hope this works he is getting fussier and fussier poor baby!

July13 siggy

• Try a couple of things:

Maybe a nice soothing bath?
    Warm water and quiet can help.

Also try getting in the dark with some white noise [rain, ocean etc] and rocking a recliner while doing some skin to skin contact. As PP said, head against heart can cause him to zonk out.

It sounds like he might be over tired and needs some dark, quiet time to unwind.

• image Laurendag:
    No but I will! Gosh I hope this works he is getting fussier and fussier poor baby!

Poor little guy!

Good luck! 

"I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."

• Not even two minutes of skin to skin and he was snoring his little heart out.

And Prim, we tried the bath and the no lights and white noise and rocking. Nothing worked.

He was just so alert and wide awake all day today, not really fussy just awake. I knew he was probably over tired. Hopefully he sleeps for a good bit.

July13 siggy

• image Laurendag:
    Not even two minutes of skin to skin and he was snoring his little heart out.

Love it :D aren't these teeny little babies just so sweet. I just want to hold my LO all day and night long. Great advice from our ladies. Glad to see it worked.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
    J13 July Siggy Challenge - Fave Dog Gif or Meme
  • I'm glad it worked for you. Smile