August 2012 Moms

Sharona!!

Hey girl! Hope all is well. S is srsly getting cuter by the day!!

Ok, so...I am having a mom's night out early next month. We are going to Momofuku for the large format fried chicken dinner. I am telling you this bc of your fried chicken FFFC and your love of Korean food...one of the chickens is done "Korean style." Now IDK WTF that means, exactly, because when I think "Korean" I think barbecue.

Have you had the Momofuku Korean fried chicken before? I feel like at some point in your life, it has to be in your mouth, KWIM? I know there is a Momo in NYC, is there one in Chi?

Not much point to this other than to say haaaaay! And OMG such a thing as Korean Fried Chicken exists!!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My Blog: Toronto Mama

Re: Sharona!!

• LiliD!

Korean fried chicken is muy delicioso! I've never made it, but iirc, it is fried twice and then covered in a sweet sticky spicy sauce. It is sooooo good. I've never had the momofuku version of it before, but Chef David Chang knows what's up. It's probably going to be amazing. You must post pics of it later!

sophiecollage2 image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OMG! That sounds like a party in mah mouth!!!! The only thing better than once fried chicken is twice fried chicken covered in sticky sauce! I will so post pics.

Wooohooo for silver, girl! You're almost there!

• You will love it, just make sure you get plenty of napkins! 

There's a place in Chicago called Crisp that does the Korean fried chicken thing. They also have Korean burritos. Try to wrap your head around that! Korean burritos!!  

Ahhhh! Now I want second dinner! 

• Oh and one more thing about fried chicken! At the Korean markets in Chicago they have premade foods that you can buy. Usually they'll have fried chicken wings, which is usually how I eat Korean fried chicken. You should keep an eye out for that in T-town! 

• I've heard of Korean tacos, but never burritos. Sounds really good!

We actually have a Korean restaurant in my hood called Seoul Food. I chuckle every time I drive by it, cause I love the shiit out of puns...I haven't eaten there but every time I drive by I think "I gotta try this place." My fave is the BBQ [classic grill your own]. S and I go like monthly!
  • Since I'm trying to get to silver...

How is lil Lili doing? You wrote earlier she had a little tumble. Hope she's okay! And I hope you're okay too! 

• Lili is doing fine. I fell asleep nursing her, and I woke to the sound of her head bouncing off the night table...so that was upsetting. She cried a bit, but I put her back on the breast and she calmed right down. No bump or bruises to speak of! Thank goodness. I'm racked with guilt, but I think I'll be ok!
  • image LiliDragon:
    Lili is doing fine. I fell asleep nursing her, and I woke to the sound of her head bouncing off the night table...so that was upsetting. She cried a bit, but I put her back on the breast and she calmed right down. No bump or bruises to speak of! Thank goodness. I'm racked with guilt, but I think I'll be ok!

Phew! So glad to hear that! I kneed S in the chin the other day and it surprised her and so she fell over. I felt like such a turd. Now S is such a drama mama she cried for 10 minutes, even while I was nursing her and after. She really didn't want me to forget what I did! 

• image Sharona1700:

image LiliDragon:
    Lili is doing fine. I fell asleep nursing her, and I woke to the sound of her head bouncing off the night table...so that was upsetting. She cried a bit, but I put her back on the breast and she calmed right down. No bump or bruises to speak of! Thank goodness. I'm racked with guilt, but I think I'll be ok!

Phew! So glad to hear that! I kneed S in the chin the other day and it surprised her and so she fell over. I felt like such a turd. Now S is such a drama mama she cried for 10 minutes, even while I was nursing her and after. She really didn't want me to forget what I did! 

Awwww poor bunny!! I am totally laughing about "drama mama."

Lili is very chill, TBH...I am well aware of that. Her reactions to things are definitely not the norm. Buuuut her "chillness" has a downside in that she isn't motivated to crawl or walk...at all. She just sits and looks at things se wants wistfully for a second before moving on when she realizes she can't reach it. IDK where that came from. Neither H nor I is even remotely chill...