Success after IF

32 week growth scan?

I had my monthly OB apt and my OB told me that I am high risk due to FET, so I need a 32 week growth scan. I didn't get this w my previous fresh IVF pregnancy.

Seems kind of unnecessary since this pregnancy is normal so far. Anyone else have to get this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 32 week growth scan?

• I think it is totally unnecessary...IMO, this falls under "CYA" - a FET pregnancy is no different at 32 weeks than any other.  If everything else is normal, I would ask them for the evidence.  They should be able to support their recommendation with literature/research/professional society info, etc.  Unless you are curious and want the scan :)

Me – 33 (no diagnosis), DH – 41 (MFI)

IVF #1/ICSI 2008 – 22 ER, 21 F, Day 3 transfer (8A and 8B) - BFP, 3 Frosties

Surprise BFP 2010

Surprise BFP 2011

Shipped frosties from TX to VA in 2012

FET #1 May 2013, single blast – BFN

FET #2 August 2013 2 blasts – BFN

IVF #2/ICSI/AH Jan 2014 – 8 ER, 7M, 6 F Day 3 transfer (grade 2 & 3), no frosties - BFP!

• I had a scan scheduled at 34 weeks. No reason, other than I was rotating through the doctors in my practice and the dr. I saw at 34 weeks said sometimes its beneficial to get an idea of size and position that late in the game. Zero mention of the IVF. I do have a friend though, who had two IVF babies and her practice did tons of ultrasounds along the way because of it. I guess it varies but I loved ultrasounds so I personally would not care!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Loading the player...
  • I wasn't considered high risk for either pregnancy due to IVf/FET. I was AMAnduring my second pregnancy but I am pretty sure the only reason I was high. Risk for that was twins. Extra checks can't hurt though.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • No, I didn't have this but I wish I had.  My OB was relaxed to a fault.  I would enjoy that extra opportunity to see your LO :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well, I can't really chime in personally because I have ultrasounds every 2-3 weeks until I hit week 34, but I know my friends who also see the doctors in the practice you go to have all gotten a growth scan around that time (none of them did IVF) so maybe that's more just standard for the docs at your clinic???  
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• imageSaraevh:
    Well, I can't really chime in personally because I have ultrasounds every 23 weeks until I hit week 34, but I know my friends who also see the doctors in the practice you go to have all gotten a growth scan around that time none of them did IVF so maybe that's more just standard for the docs at your clinic??? nbsp;

Good to know. My last OB was a lot more familiar with IF, so I just didn't know if my new OB was being overly cautious.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"