Stay at Home Moms

Nervous (loss mentioned)

I came home from the beach earlier with DD and she was all wet, I was carrying her, but I was not wet except where I was holding her (on my hip).  I realized my underwear were all wet and the pad I wear was soaked.  I have no recollection of getting into the water far enough for this to happen and my skirt was not wet at all.  Now I am cramping a little and I'm getting nervous that my water broke.  Is that even possible as this stage?  The clinic is closed now or I would call.  There isn't any spotting or blood or I would be going straight to the hospital.
Hallelujah, it's a miracle, I have children AND a signature!
image image

TTC since February 2009
MC 6/28/2010 @ 7w 5d
Dx low progesterone October 2010, IUI success and then a total surprise!

Re: Nervous (loss mentioned)

• I have no idea but thinking about you! Did you call your OB's office?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Call the OB on-call line and ask them, change the pad and underwear and see what happens. If you're still nervous after talking to the doc, there's always urgent care over then ER.

• Def call ob. They should have answering service and you can have on call dr return your call.
    CJ :-)
  • I hope it's just water from the beach. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• Hopefully you just forgot you did go in the water, and perhaps your skirt dried off quickly. Regardless, lots of positive thoughts headed your way!
  • Maybe it is pee? I would definitely call and do what the on call doc advises.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sounds gross, but after being out a few days in this heat wave, I can say it could be sweat!

I'm really hoping it's nothing and everything is ok.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image ExpectantSteelerFan:
    Sounds gross, but after being out a few days in this heat wave, I can say it could be sweat!I'm really hoping it's nothing and everything is ok.

Yeah, I didn't think of that before, but I second it as a possibility especially if you were wearing a pad. They are hot. We went to an outdoor festival about a month ago and I had sweat dripping down the backs of my legs and thought a couple times I could be leaking fluid. Cramps and/or contractions can be from dehydration too, so drink lots of water.

• Thanks, they didn't have any answers, just to drink lots of water and call back if I start spotting.
    image image

TTC since February 2009
    MC 6/28/2010 @ 7w 5d
  • image joirish:
    image ExpectantSteelerFan:
    Sounds gross, but after being out a few days in this heat wave, I can say it could be sweat!I'm really hoping it's nothing and everything is ok.
    Yeah, I didn't think of that before, but I second it as a possibility especially if you were wearing a pad. They are hot. We went to an outdoor festival about a month ago and I had sweat dripping down the backs of my legs and thought a couple times I could be leaking fluid. Cramps and/or contractions can be from dehydration too, so drink lots of water.

Yeah, I had swamp crotch like you wouldn't believe! I'm hoping its nothing serious.  

• image QueSyrah:

image joirish:
    image ExpectantSteelerFan:

Yeah, I had swamp crotch like you wouldn't believe! I'm hoping its nothing serious.  

Oh yea, totally this. Things are not pretty down there for me, especially in this heat wave. I'm changing my underwear several times a day. Doesn't help that every little sneeze/cough leads to a release of liquid. 

• LouiejLouiej
    Eighth Anniversary 250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Love Its
    Oh lord Dizzy! Boo to that, you're going to stay pregnant. Ok? 
  • Lol thanks guys.  I am just having flashbacks to a few summers ago and terrified that we are going to tell my family next weekend and I want everything to be ok.  The cramps have stopped and it seems that maybe it really was just a ton of sweat (ew!).
    image image

TTC since February 2009
    MC 6/28/2010 @ 7w 5d