Cloth Diapering

Snappi or boingo?

I'm a FTM and I'm due 12/13. I am going to start out with prefolds and diaper covers. I'm just wondering what the best fasteners are. I can find tons of reviews on snappis but not so much on the boingos. What do you ladies think?

Re: Snappi or boingo?

• I prefer the snappi. Kept the diaper closed better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I preferred the Boingo. I could fasten and adjust each side independent of the other and I could undo just one side if I needed to. The snappi was too complicated for dh as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We haven't had any problems with the Snappi 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Don't you have to use 2 bongos? I can barely keep track of a single snappi. We have like 5 and I keep losing them all. I couldn't imagine if it was 2 pieces.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image Chickypoo2468:
    Don't you have to use 2 bongos? I can barely keep track of a single snappi. We have like 5 and I keep losing them all. I couldn't imagine if it was 2 pieces.

This !!

the snappi is so easy  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image Chickypoo2468:
    Don't you have to use 2 bongos? I can barely keep track of a single snappi. We have like 5 and I keep losing them all. I couldn't imagine if it was 2 pieces.

Yes, the Boingo is 2 pieces but Im old school. I cloth diapered dd 21 years ago with diaper pins......and I currently have 4 diaper pins in my house 3 of which are from when my mom and my aunt were diapering my cousins and myself. One is from diapering dd. Keeping track of the set of Boingos is not a problem especially now that they are sitting in the container of cd supplies while I use my Best Bottoms.....or rather my son's Best Bottoms.....I dont wear them.

• image Chickypoo2468:

Yup! Same here.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• image PipSqueak0313:
    I preferred the Boingo. I could fasten and adjust each side independent of the other and I could undo just one side if I needed to. The snappi was too complicated for dh as well.

I agree. Far prefer boingo and you don't have to buy two sizes like the snappi. I found it tricky to fasten. I am not very coordinated so probably just a personal preference thing. Too hard to hold the diaper and snappi with other hand to get right fit.
  • The boingos that I got didn't have a good place to pull from, and they had very sharp teeth. I felt like I was cutting my fingertips every other time I used them so I'm all snappi. I got the kind w stars tho, maybe a different kind would be better?

• I haven't used boingo, but from looking at it online, I wouldn't want to have to use two in order to get it to fasten between the legs.

I've never had to buy two sizes in snappis. One has always worked fine at any stage for us.

My third child and second VBAC baby!
    First VBAC birth story - a 2 hr homebirth
    Second VBAC birth story
    - unattended hospital water birth
  • image MagickalNarwhal:
    The boingos that I got didn't have a good place to pull from, and they had very sharp teeth. I felt like I was cutting my fingertips every other time I used them so I'm all snappi. I got the kind w stars tho, maybe a different kind would be better?

I always held them in the middle between the stars and you dont have to stretch them that far to get them to hold.