May 2013 Moms

Dream Feed Question

Hi ladies,
For those of you that have LO's STTN, do you do a dream feed? Do you think thats helping your LO get their longest stretch of sleep in the MOTN?
M is sleeping from about 830 til 3 or 4 then will be up every 1 to 2 yours after that. She will be 9 weeks on Tuesday and I'm wondering if I should start trying to do a dream feed or would it just screw things up?
Thoughts?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Dream Feed Question

• Jack has been STTN but he goes to bed much later. Sleeps at 1030, then up at 5am then sleeps until 8-830ish.  We do not dream feed. I tried that earlier but it took way to long to get him to eat. Sp IMO wasnt worth it. We EBF.  

Did she pick 830 to go down or is that something you started? When Jack starts daycare I may have to push his bedtime earlier but for now this works. 

photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for the input.

I originally started her later around 10 or 1030 and she would still only sleep until 3 or 4. I started pushing it a little earlier and she kept with the 3 or 4 am wake time.

I know this is totally normal for almost 9 weeks. I guess I'm just curious if the dream feed works for anyone.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We dream feed.  We put LO down between 8-9pm and my husband dream feeds at about 10:30 or 11pm.  I really don't know if it is helping or not.   Sometimes he is then good til about 3am but other times he is up at 1 and hungry.   If we don't dream feed he would but up at midnight regardless and my DH is a late night person so he just does it and I get to sleep.   I don't know if this really helps you.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • It didn't help us. He only ate an oz before completely passing out and he still woke up at the same time.
    BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We noticed a huge difference. Our LO was sleeping from about 8 until about 2:30 every night, but I started doing dream feeds at 10:30 and he after about a week or so he was sleeping through until 6 in the morning and he has ever since. It took about a week to notice a change though and he has stuck to it ever since.