February 2013 Moms

Highchair recommendations

I am going to start feeding DS solids once he is done his antibiotics, since he just yelled at me for eating in front of him.  And I just remembered he still doesn't have ahighchair.  I hate dd's  it is the fisher price space saver.  I think I want one that doesn't go on top a chair this time.  Any recommendations?  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks

Re: Highchair recommendations

• I love my stokke tripp trapp. It's pricey but my oldest just gave hers up because my son needed it (he's not eating yet but sits with us in it during dinner and we give him toys). My other daughter till uses hers happily. And on holidays when we need extra adult seating we bump the kids to a kids table and put the tripp trapps in the adult configuration, which holds up to 300 lbs.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Abca13Abca13
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    I did some research and ended up getting the Graco Blossom 4-in-1 (http://www.amazon.com/baby/dp/B005XJ2VGE). We got it a few days ago and little miss seems to love it. We're yet to start feeding her but I put her in it and she fits snug as a bug. It doesn't fold up very compact but you can use it 4 different ways (highchair, infant booster, toddler booster and youth chair) and you can also use it with 2 kids, which is great for us as we plan on having another one in the next 2-3 years. It's the tray detaches which makes it super easy to clean plus I really like the way it looks. It doesn't have a bunch of loud colors or cheap fabric, plus it was on sale on Amazon. I'm really pleased with the purchase. Happy highchair hunting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Don't flame me but I have a high chair very similar to this one http://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/lipper-international-high-chair-walnut/1040614908?Keyword=highh Except that mine is one that my grandfather built for me. I'm in the process of adding safety straps since my mom seems to have quite a few high chairs without safety straps. I was going to buy one but when I saw that one at BuyBuyBaby I figured I would grab the high chair out of my grandmother's attic since it's pretty much the same thing. I like that DD is sitting up at the table with us- the only downside is there's not a nice plastic tray to remove for cleaning.
  • image Meggy T.:
    Don't flame me but I have a high chair very similar to this one http://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/lipper-international-high-chair-walnut/1040614908?Keyword=highh Except that mine is one that my grandfather built for me. I'm in the process of adding safety straps since my mom seems to have quite a few high chairs without safety straps. I was going to buy one but when I saw that one at BuyBuyBaby I figured I would grab the high chair out of my grandmother's attic since it's pretty much the same thing. I like that DD is sitting up at the table with us- the only downside is there's not a nice plastic tray to remove for cleaning.

Ive actually been wanting a chair like this! Thanks for the link!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • W have the peg perego siesta... Love love love it! It has numerous variations, height levels and is easy to clean. Also has 2 trays which is nice
    imageimg]
  • image Meggy T.:
    Don't flame me but I have a high chair very similar to this one http://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/lipper-international-high-chair-walnut/1040614908?Keyword=highh Except that mine is one that my grandfather built for me. I'm in the process of adding safety straps since my mom seems to have quite a few high chairs without safety straps. I was going to buy one but when I saw that one at BuyBuyBaby I figured I would grab the high chair out of my grandmother's attic since it's pretty much the same thing. I like that DD is sitting up at the table with us- the only downside is there's not a nice plastic tray to remove for cleaning.

I've really truly never felt that the tray would have made my life better or easier (we don't have one for our tripp trapps). I prefer to have the baby at the table with us. Plus we've always had limited space, so having one that pulls up the the table like a regular chair was always preferable. 

image image Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just bought the Graco Blossom for all of the same reasons.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Eleanor Louise is going to be a big sister!
     BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • image Abca13:
    I did some research and ended up getting the Graco Blossom 4-in-1 (http://www.amazon.com/baby/dp/B005XJ2VGE). We got it a few days ago and little miss seems to love it. We're yet to start feeding her but I put her in it and she fits snug as a bug. It doesn't fold up very compact but you can use it 4 different ways (highchair, infant booster, toddler booster and youth chair) and you can also use it with 2 kids, which is great for us as we plan on having another one in the next 2-3 years. It's the tray detaches which makes it super easy to clean plus I really like the way it looks. It doesn't have a bunch of loud colors or cheap fabric, plus it was on sale on Amazon. I'm really pleased with the purchase. Happy highchair hunting.

This. So far it's been great! 

BFP #1: 12.30.11, MC 1.6.12 at 5w; BFP #2: 5.25.12, DS born 2.1.13; BFP #3: 9.4.14, MMC 10.13.14 at 9w
  • May I ask why you don't like the Fisher Price space saver chair? This is the one I was going to buy, because of limited space, of course.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • We've got the Graco DuoDiners. Not quite as versatile as the Blossoms, but good enough for us (and slightly cheaper) http://www.amazon.com/Graco-DuoDiner-LX-Highchair-Oasis/dp/B005XJ2VH8/
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• We started with a cheapie from IKEA - I think it is the Antilop, and got a Stokke Tripp Trapp when LO1 was a little bigger and was actually eating and not just playing. Loved both of them for different reasons. I thought the highchair with a tray was easy to clean and give LO a full range of movement when starting BLW -- plus it only cost like 20 bucks so when we upgraded to the Tripp Trapp we didn't feel bad. I think we will do the same thing this time around.

*We also had a sack & seat for when we went out to eat or traveled, it was brilliant. Just a little bag you can open and use to 'tie' your little one to a regular chair. Messy, but functional. 

LO born Feb 2010 & Feb 2013
    MMC at 12 weeks March 2012

• image Rynleigh:
    We've got the Graco DuoDiners. Not quite as versatile as the Blossoms, but good enough for us (and slightly cheaper) http://www.amazon.com/Graco-DuoDiner-LX-Highchair-Oasis/dp/B005XJ2VH8/

We have this one as well! I really like it simply because of the wheels! Our house has an open floor plan, so normally it lives with the back corner of the dining area (carpeted) but for now when I use it, I wheel it into the kitchen (tile).  

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• image BNHarris8:
    May I ask why you don't like the Fisher Price space saver chair? This is the one I was going to buy, because of limited space, of course.

I think itis hard to clean. Dd is messy, as are most toddlers of course. But Ifeel like there are too many nooks for food to fall. She always, purposefully, puts food between her highchair and the kitchen chair and I have to take the whole thing off. Plus the tray is huge and takes up half the dishwasher.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks
  • image Teacher Clark:
    I also have the graco blossom 4 in 1. It is soooo versatile. It can be used as a regular high chair or a space saver, it has a toddler booster attachment that can be used on a regular chair as well. It has a tray cover, a large tray, and a smaller tray all nested together. You could easily use the high chair for a baby while using the toddler booster on a normal chair. I cannot sing its praises enough.

We have the same chair for DD and LOVE IT!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have the Graco Duo Diner and really like it. I hate space saver high chairs.
    image">

image"">
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards