Breastfeeding

fenugreek

Has anyone taken the fenugreek supplements and seen a noticeable increase in milk production?

Re: fenugreek

• image Mommy2BEL:
    Has anyone taken the fenugreek supplements and seen a noticeable increase in milk production?

Didn't work for me - but I have heard it works for some, best to take it with Blessed Thistle for best results.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Didn't work for me either. 
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In combination with Blessed Thistle, I've seen a little change. 
  • I felt like it made my supply worse and made ds and I gassy. When I stopped all went back to normal. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think it's working for me.  I take 1500-1800mg a day.  After I went back to work, I felt like my supply was decreasing every week. I have low supply to begin with, so any decrease is a big deal for me. After about a week of taking Fenugreek, I was pumping double the oz I had been (up to 8-9 oz from 4-5 oz) , and I woke up one morning engorged for the first time ever. I don't wake up engorged anymore, but I'm still pumping more than I was. I hadn't heard of combining it with blessed thistle, so I'm going to try that. 

• I take special milk blend by motherslove, has combination of herbs you can get at sprouts, worked wonders for me.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • image ashcody2:

image Mommy2BEL:

Didn't work for me - but I have heard it works for some, best to take it with Blessed Thistle for best results.

We dont have a sprouts near us.  Does any one have any idea where I can get Blessed Thistle and Fenugreek?  I saw I can buy fenugreek at GNC and MILK thistle but milk thistle and blessed thistle are 2 different things.  hmmm 

• It worked wonders for my supply.  I took 5 caps 3 times a day.  I'm now down to 3 caps 3 times a day and I do notice a drop when I skip them.

BabyFetus Ticker

• image miniray:
    It worked wonders for my supply.  I took 5 caps 3 times a day.  I'm now down to 3 caps 3 times a day and I do notice a drop when I skip them.

Where do you get them? 

• You can order online from Amazon. That's where I got all mine from.

Edit: Just checked Wal-Mart online and you can get them there too, if you'd rather pick them up at a store.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I've gotten them at the Vitamin Shoppe. 
     Sweet A born 5/13/13
  • Really the only way to know for sure is to try it! If you don't start to see something after a week of steady use, I would try something else or add on more herbs. My lactation consultant told me right off the bat to use at least two herbs, or a product that contains several in a combination. I drink Breastea, and it works great for me, as long as I drink it every single day. You want to breastfeed as often as possible or pump often as well. If you decide to try out Breastea you can get it online. Something else too, make sure to drink plenty of fluids and eat fairly often to keep your supply going strong.
  • It worked really well for me but I had to take 12 or more a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards