December 2013 Moms

Sleeping Pillows

For the past week I can't get comfortable trying to fall asleep,  I'm a tummy sleeper but that has to change.  So last night I slept on my side and of course I woke up with this lovely stiff neck. So my question is have any of you used one of those pregnancy pillows, do they help??  

Re: Sleeping Pillows

• I am having the same issue! I have had a stiff neck for the past week and a half. I keep going to yoga and I got a massage which helps but then it is bad again by the morning.

I've heard good things about those pillows but right now I am covered in pillows. One between my knees, two behind my end, and to hug on my side and i am still stiff.

imageimage

• Uggg feel your pain!! It's awful I cant even move my head to the left.. I have been doing the same as you putting pillows behind and in front me but still cant get comfy!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard good things about the Snoogle.  I got the Sweet Pea by Serta and hate it.  Too big and bulky as well as to long for a short person.  Just an awkward lenght for a person 5'2. 

Beckett Rilee & Caitlyn Leigh born 9-21-13 @ 27w due to PPROM

• r0zzr0zz member
    Yes they do! I'm tummy sleeper too but since LO has been getting bigger I haven't been able to sleep like how I want.
    I also have a boppy pregnancy pillow. Everybody else has a snoogle and raves about them but I really love my boppy. It has three separate pillow parts so I can take it apart and customize it how I want. I use the longest part of it to help me sleep on my tummy by wedging it under me so that I'm sleeping at an angle so I don't squish baby.
    And when I sleep on my side, I just take the two bigger pieces and put them on either side of me. Usually the head piece wedged under my back to keep me on my side.
    Like I said, I really love my boppy. My H even steals it away from me in his sleep when i go to the bathroom at night lol. The only downside is that the fabric is kinda itchy at first but it goes away in a day. But other than that, I think it's fantastic!
  • I have a snoogle and love it!! It took some getting used to at first but now I can't sleep without it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Hi have the Leachco Back and Body Chic pillow. Its U shaped so you lie inside it. I love it because kind of holds me in place on my side so I don't end up on my back or stomach when I sleep.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I borrowed a snoogle from a friend and it works pretty well. We have a queen so my DH says I take up a lot more space with it, but it get's the job done.
  • I have the boppy one. LOVE it! Wish I'd given in sooner with my first. I've used it now with all 3 pregnancies. Makes it so much easier to sleep.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagerkcaraway:
    I've heard good things about the Snoogle.nbsp; I got the Sweet Pea by Serta and hate it.nbsp; Too big and bulky as well as to long for a short person.nbsp; Just an awkward lenght for a person 5'2.nbsp;

This is why I been too hesitate to buy anything. I am 5'1 so I feel they will all swallow me. We also have a queen right now and my hubby is a bed hog and doesn't seem like enough room for it.
  • I bought the Snoogle this week and have slept like a rock the last four nights.  I'm 5'3" and it is working for me.  It takes some adjusting, though, because yes, it is a bit bulky, but once you find that nook, it is WONDERFUL.  It is so nice to sleep again!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Got the Snoogle (full size).  It's a little too big for me.  I'm 5'2".  So it cranes my neck a bit when I'm in it the way the photo shows, and with a sensitive neck, craning for hours is not so good.  Also, between that giant pillow and me, there is hardly any room left for hubby in our Queen bed.   I just ordered the Snoogle Mini online (apparently NO ONE has it in stock).  Hoping that fits my frame better.

• imageGapeach83:
    imagerkcaraway:
    I've heard good things about the Snoogle.nbsp; I got the Sweet Pea by Serta and hate it.nbsp; Too big and bulky as well as to long for a short person.nbsp; Just an awkward lenght for a person 5'2.nbsp;
    This is why I been too hesitate to buy anything. I am 5'1 so I feel they will all swallow me. We also have a queen right now and my hubby is a bed hog and doesn't seem like enough room for it.

Yes - 5'2" and it was Snoogle was taking over the bed.   hopefully the mini fits better.

• jeversjevers member
    I bought the Bump Nest and love it. It was pricey but free shipping and comes with your choice of cute cases. It's long but only one curve for your head/back.
  • imageGapeach83:
    imagerkcaraway:

I'm 5'2" and I have a queen size bed too. I bought the snoogle and it's fine in size for me and in bed with us. I have to say I did not love it at first, but it's getting a lot more comfortable now that I'm used to it.... Need time to figure out how to adjust with it at night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"